The Squarespace Forum is an online community where customers and developers come together to discuss best practices, seek advice, and share coding solutions for advanced customization of the Squarespace platform. Seek help from your fellow Squarespace users by posting a new topic, or search the available topics to view public discussions and solutions.
Before you begin
- Review the Squarespace Forum Guidelines to learn how to successfully contribute to our helpful, inclusive community.
- You don’t need to purchase a Squarespace website plan to use the Forum.
- For help with your Squarespace account—including billing, domains, or other topics requiring personal information—contact Squarespace Customer Support instead.
If you already have a Squarespace account, you can use your Squarespace login credentials to access the Forum. Click Sign up/Login at the top of the page and enter your email address and password, or click the appropriate social login.
Tip: If you’re already logged into your Squarespace account on your computer when you click Sign up/Login, you’ll automatically be logged into the Forum with that account. If you want to log into a different Forum account, log out of your Squarespace account first or use an incognito window.
If you don’t have an account with Squarespace, click Create Account in the top right corner of the Login page and follow the prompts. Signing up for the Squarespace Forum won’t create a website subscription or start a trial. If you later decide to sign up for a Squarespace website plan, you’ll use these login credentials.
After you log into the Squarespace Forum for the first time, you’ll be prompted to create your display name. This is the username that appears with any topics or posts you make in the Squarespace Forum.
Tip: If you had an account on the former Answers forum, your old display name will migrate over. You can change your display name at any time in your account settings.
Your display name should:
- Contain between 3 and 26 characters
- Include upper or lower case characters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores
- Not include spaces or other special characters
Set up your profile
Your Forum Profile is public to all other Squarespace Forum users. It’s a place for you to introduce yourself and your site, and share information about your skills or areas of expertise.
To set up your Squarespace Forum Profile:
- Log into the Squarespace Forum.
- Click on your display name in the top-right of the screen.
- Click Profile in the drop-down menu.
You can add your name, website, location, and a description of yourself or your site to your profile. Make your profile stand out by uploading a profile picture or adding a cover photo.
Click See My Activity on your profile to view all of your past Forum activity, including any topics you created or posts you made to other topics. View another user’s profile to view their latest contributions to the community.
You can edit your account settings by clicking your display name in the top-right corner of the screen, then selecting Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
Here are some of the settings you can change:
- Display name - Update your Forum username. You can only change your display name once every 7 days.
- Recently Used Devices - Keep track of what devices you’ve used to log into the Forum.
- Content View Behavior - Decide where you want to land when you click a topic in the Forum: the comments you haven’t read, the beginning of a thread, or the latest comment.
- Signature - Add information about yourself and your business that will appear under each topic or post you make in the Forum.
- Notification Settings - Change your notifications preferences for the content you follow, mentions, Forum news, and more. Notifications are available from the browser, by email, and by push notification via the mobile app.
Tip: The Email Address field automatically populates with your Squarespace account email. If you change your Squarespace account email address, log out and log back in to the Forum to update your Forum account with the new email address.
Quickly share information about yourself and your business with other Forum users by adding a signature to your Squarespace Forum profile. To ensure signatures don’t distract from community discussions, ensure your signature has a maximum of:
- Three lines of text
- Two text colors
- One image, with a maximum image size of 150px × 150px
Reputation and the Leaderboard
In the bottom-right corner of every topic and post in the Forum is a thumbs up icon. Hover over this icon to reveal positive reaction options: Haha, Thanks, and Love. Every time another Forum user reacts positively to your Forum activity, you’ll receive reputation points. Users with the most reputation points appear in the Forum Leaderboard.
Search the Forum
To search for specific content, use the search bar in the top-right corner of any page in the Forum. Clicking the search bar reveals a drop-down menu with more options for narrowing your search. Click Advanced Search at the bottom of the drop-down menu to view other search filters, including author, content type, and tags.
Create a new topic
To create a new topic:
- Log in to the Squarespace Forum.
- Click the Forum category most relevant to your question.
- Click New Post or Ask a Question.
- Add a title, choose at least one tag, and type out the content of your topic. You can also add a link to your site to show other Forum users the issue in question.
- To receive notifications when other users respond or react to your topic, click the Follow topic toggle.
- Click Submit Question.
Tip: Always search the Forum for existing solutions or ongoing discussions on a given subject before you create a new topic.
A clear topic title helps other Forum users find and understand your question. The more users who find your topic, the more responses you’re likely to receive. A good title should include:
- The action you’re trying to perform
- The goal you’re hoping to achieve
- What Squarespace feature or add-on this involves
When creating a new topic in the Feedback on Your Site section of the forum, ensure your title includes the type of feedback you’re looking for.
Tags are keywords that describe the theme of your question and help other users find your topic. You must assign at least one tag to your topic before you can publish it, and you can add up to five.
Choose tags that are specific to your issue and avoid using multiple repetitive tags (such as "image" and "images"). Choose a tag with the Recommended label whenever possible.
Reply to topics
To join the conversation on a given topic, use the Reply field to leave a response post. Posts can include quotes, text, and attachments.
Use the Quote feature to reply to a particular phrase in another user’s topic or post. To add a quote:
- Click the quotation mark icon in the reply formatting menu.
- Copy-paste the phrase in question into the grey box.
- Type your response beneath the quote, then click Submit Reply
This helps other readers follow the conversation thread by displaying exactly what your reply refers to.
Use the Mentions feature to notify another member that your response might be relevant to them. To add a mention, type @ followed by the member’s username. When you submit your post, the mentioned users receive a notification. Per our Forum Guidelines, we ask that you only mention members that have already joined the conversation.
After you receive multiple replies to your topic, you can promote the answer that provided the most relevant or helpful information by marking it as Recommended. Recommended posts appear at the top of the topic, making it easier for other members to find.
To mark a response as Recommended, click Options at the bottom of the comment and select Recommended from the drop-down menu.
Tip: In the Coding & Customization section of the Forum, the most relevant comment is called the Best Answer. To mark a post as the Best Answer, click the ✓ next to the contributor’s profile photo.
If you find a topic or post that goes against our guidelines, report it. To do so, click the three dots in the top right corner of any topic or reply, and select Report. Provide as much helpful information as possible to explain why you’re reporting the content.
- Topic - A question or request for feedback that other Forum users can respond to
- Post - A comment or response on a topic
- Display name - The username that displays next to a Forum user’s topics and posts
- Signature - A short description of a Forum user and their business that appears under each topic or post they make
For technical issues with the forum or help with your forum account, contact the Community team.