An overview of the different reports for your site.
To view your Squarespace analytics data, open the Analytics panel. From there, you can select individual Analytics panels to review data on different aspects of your site's performance. Which panels are available on your site depends on your setup and the billing plan you signed up on.
Tip: Register for our Uncover Customer Trends with Squarespace Analytics webinar where we’ll teach you how to use our built-in reporting platform. You’ll learn how to review key performance indicators, connect Google Analytics and Google Search Console to your site, and use analytics data to track how your business is doing and identify opportunities for growth.
Click the links below for more information on any panel.
- Sales - See how your store is performing at a glance if you sell on Squarespace.
- Traffic - Get insight into traffic and engagement trends and track your audience’s growth over time.
- Geography - View site visits by country, region, or city.
- Sales by product - See how each item you sell is performing.
- Purchase funnel - See a visual report on your store’s sales funnel and conversion rate.
- Abandoned cart - Get insight into abandoned carts and the success of abandoned checkout recovery emails.
Tip: Currencies are based on what you’ve set in language and region settings, not your visitors’ currencies.
- Traffic sources - See where visitors come from when they visit your site by channel. If you’re on the Commerce, Professional, or Premium plans, you can see how much revenue each channel—like social, email, and direct traffic—drives to your business.
- Search keywords - See which search keywords drive the most traffic to your site from search engines such as Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo.
- Site content - See the most popular content on your site by pageviews and measure audience engagement for each page.
- Activity log - See a searchable list of every time a visitor accessed a URL on your site in the past seven days. Includes IP addresses.
- Form & button conversions - Track how visitors engage with your forms and buttons using form & button conversions.
- Site search keywords - Learn what visitors are searching for on your site.
- RSS Subscribers - Analyze the traffic your RSS feed(s) receives, useful for bloggers and podcasters.
Date range drop-down menu
Each Squarespace analytics panel, except for the Activity log, includes a date range drop-down menu. You can use this to filter your results by time frame, either using a built-in date range or a custom range.
Keep in mind:
- How far back your data goes depends on the analytics panel. Learn more in each panel’s individual guide.
- Today shows popular content for the current date, starting at 12 AM.
- Time and date ranges are based on what you’ve set in language and region settings, not your visitors’ time zones. Changes to language and region settings aren’t retroactive.
After you select a date range filter, the following panels automatically calculate a percent change compared to the previous period under each key performance indicators, or KPI:
Percent change is calculated using one of the following date comparisons, depending on the selected time filter:
|Date Comparison Type
|Displays when time filter is...
|Compares the selected date range to...
|The previous day
|The same number of days, beginning 7 days previously
The same number of days, beginning 28 days previously
|32 days or more
|The same number of days, beginning 364 days previously
Positive changes display in green, while negative changes display in red. If there isn’t sufficient historical data to calculate a change, a percent change and date comparison won’t display. To show a direct comparison, percent changes are based on the same days of the week, rather than the same dates.
For mo/mo and yr/yr comparisons, the current and previous time periods can include overlapping dates. For example, if you set the time filter to August 1-31, 2020, a mo/mo percent change compares data from the following dates:
- Current time period: August 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020
- Previous time period: July 4, 2020 - August 3, 2020
In this example, the mo/mo comparison range starts on July 4, 28 days before August 1. Because of this, data from August 1-3 is included in both time periods used to calculate the percentage change.
Where can I find site data outside of the analytics panels?
To find additional site data, consider these options:
- Acuity Scheduling - Acuity has its own reports separate from Analytics. To review your Acuity sales data, click Acuity in the Home Menu, then click Reports.
- Google Analytics: Analytics is evolving, and we’re exploring new ways to provide more insights for our customers. We recommend Google Analytics as a supplement to Squarespace Analytics.
- Commerce analytics: If you sell products, note that Analytics gives you a high-level, visually rich overview of how your store is doing. If you need more detailed reporting for accounting purposes, we recommend the reports in your Stripe account.
- Email Campaigns: The Email Campaigns dashboard includes additional analytics for Squarespace Email Campaigns.