With the Squarespace App, you can edit your site from a mobile device.
The app is great for:
- Updating pages or correcting mistakes when you’re away from your computer.
- Saving time by adding new images to galleries and blocks directly from your device.
- Writing and editing new blog posts.
- Reviewing recently updated pages and traffic analytics.
The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
It's not currently possible to access version 7.1 sites in the Squarespace App.
Using the Squarespace App
The Squarespace App is designed for customers already using Squarespace for their websites. To use the app, it's best if you already have some basic experience with our editing tools. If you’re new to Squarespace, or if you need a refresher, visit our Getting Started guides.
You can use the iOS version of the app to:
- Add and edit Blank Layout, Blog, Gallery, Index Pages.
- Add new folders and external navigation links.
- Create and send email campaigns.
- Make style changes.
You can use both versions of the app to:
- Add new blog posts.
- Add, edit, and rearrange most blocks.
- Upload images directly from your device to Gallery Pages, Gallery Blocks, and Image Blocks.
- Edit basic site settings, including Announcement Bar, Business Information, and Site Password.
You can’t currently use the app to:
- Create a new site.
- Edit Album, Cover, Events, Info, Products, or Project Pages.
- Edit footers.
- Access some site settings, including Domains and Template
While the app doesn't currently include every part of Squarespace, we plan to add more features in future updates. For edits that you can't make in the app, use the full version of Squarespace on a computer.
Tip: If your site is on a trial, you can upgrade to a Mobile Start plan using in-app purchase.
- The Squarespace App must connect to a Squarespace version 7.0 site. Squarespace 5 and Squarespace version 7.1 isn’t supported.
- All contributor levels can use the app. Site Owners and Administrators can access all areas of the app, while other users can access the same areas they access on a desktop.
- You’ll need an internet connection to publish changes. If you lose your connection or close the app while editing, the app will save any work in progress and let you save or discard it when you return.
- The Squarespace App for iOS requires iOS 11.0 or later and is optimized for iPhones and iPads.
- The Squarespace App for Android requires Android 6.0 or later and is optimized for phones.
- Download the app for Android or iOS.
- Open the app, and follow the prompts to log into your account. For help logging in, visit I can't log in.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you'll be prompted to enter your six-digit authentication code after logging in. To learn more, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- Choose a site from your account to edit in the app. You can view and edit one site at a time.
After selecting a site, explore the different tabs at the bottom of the screen (phones) or on the left side of the screen (iPads):
- Tap the Home icon to see the areas you’ve edited most recently, suggested actions, and a basic traffic overview from Analytics.
- Tap the Pages icon to access all the pages of your site. Tap any page to view or edit.
- Tap the Site Settings icon to view and edit common site settings.
- Tap the Account icon to switch to a new site, get support, or log out.
Which blocks can I add in the app?
You can add the most popular blocks using the app. Although not all blocks are supported yet, we plan to add more in future versions. For blocks you don’t see in the app, add them from a desktop.
When should I use this app vs. other mobile apps?
The Squarespace App is a great way to access many parts of your site at once and quickly make changes on the go. Still, there are some times when you may want to use another app from Squarespace to edit different areas of your site.
Here are other apps you may want to use along with the Squarespace App:
- Analytics App - See more site statistics beyond basic traffic, and review detailed data for specific areas of your site.
- Commerce App - Manage orders, shipping, inventory, and more for your Squarespace store.
How is the Home tab in the app different from the the Home Menu on a computer?
The home area of the app and your desktop site both help you quickly access everything you need to add and edit content.
In the app, the Home tab shows what you’ve recently edited, suggests quick actions, and displays basic traffic analytics. Use the Home tab links, tap the Pages icon at the bottom of the app, or tap the site preview bar to navigate to a page.
On a desktop, the Home Menu displays the different panels that help you manage and build your site, including Pages, Design, and Commerce. To learn more, visit The Home Menu.
Get more help
Browse the guides on this site for help. To contact us with questions, issues, or feedback for the app, you can contact us directly from the app.
- Tap the Account icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Help.
- Tap Contact Us to open an email ticket.