With the Squarespace App, you can edit your site from a mobile device.
The app is great for:
- Updating pages when you’re away from your computer
- Adding new images to galleries and blocks directly from your device
- Writing and editing new blog posts
- Reviewing traffic and other site analytics
- Managing your store's inventory and orders on the go
The Squarespace App is designed for customers already using Squarespace for their websites. To use the app, it's best if you already have some basic experience with our editing tools. If you’re new to Squarespace, or if you need a refresher, visit Getting Started.
The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- The Squarespace App must connect to a Squarespace version 7.0 or version 7.1 site. Squarespace 5 isn’t supported.
- All contributor levels can use the app. Site Owners and Administrators can access all areas of the app, while other users can access the same areas they access on a computer.
- You’ll need an internet connection to publish changes. If you lose your connection or close the app while editing, the app will save any work in progress and let you save or discard it when you return.
- To see the latest supported iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android operating systems, read the app details in the App Store or Google Play.
Tip: If your site is on a trial and you're using the iOS version of the app, you can upgrade to a Mobile Start plan using in-app purchase.
- Download the app for Android or iOS.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to log into your account. For help logging in, visit I can't log in.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you'll be prompted to enter your six-digit authentication code after logging in. To learn more, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- Choose a site from your account to edit in the app. You can view and edit one site at a time.
After selecting a site, explore the different menu options at the bottom of the screen (phones) or on the left side of the screen (iPads).
- Tap Home to see suggested actions, areas you’ve edited most recently, and a basic traffic overview from Analytics. Tap the mail icon at the top to see messages from Squarespace.
- Tap Pages to access all the pages of your site. Tap any page to view or edit. To learn more, visit Pages, blocks, and sections in the Squarespace App.
- Tap Analytics to see traffic and other key statistics for your site. To learn more, visit Analytics in the Squarespace App.
- Tap Commerce to review your store's orders and inventory. To learn more, visit Managing your store in the Squarespace App.
- Tap Settings to view and edit common site settings, switch to a new site, get support, or log out. To learn more, visit Settings and styles in the Squarespace App.
While the app doesn't currently include every part of Squarespace, we plan to add more features in future updates. For edits that you can't make in the app, use the full version of Squarespace on a computer.
Finding Squarespace App information in the Help Center
Most guides on this site also apply to the Squarespace App. The only difference in the guides is the way some steps are worded. For example, if you can "click" something on a computer, you can "tap" it in the app. Note that there are some differences between the iOS and Android versions of the app, including which features are supported. To learn more, explore the other Squarespace App guides in the Squarespace on Mobile category of this Help site.
In guides for features that have bigger differences between a computer and the app, you'll find tabs with steps and information for each device type. Click Squarespace App to see the app-specific steps.
The tabs look like this:
This is where you'll find steps for editing on a computer. Click Squarespace App for app-specific steps.
This is where you'll find steps for editing in the Squarespace App. Click Computer for computer-specific steps.
Squarespace App for iPad
The Squarespace App isn't currently supported on Android tablets.
When you use the Squarespace App on an iPad, you can use Split View to add images directly from your iPad to your site. You'll also find that Site Styles and other setting menus take up less space on the page, so you can preview more of the page while you edit.
You'll notice these differences on an iPad:
- The main menu appears on the left side of the screen.
- A fullscreen icon appears at the top of the page preview. Tap it to hide or expand the menu.
- While you're editing a page, Device View includes a Tablet option.
To add images using Split View:
- Follow Apple's steps to open the Squarespace App and the Photos app in Split View. The Squarespace App will automatically resize to fit the new space, but you can also tap and drag the app divider to make it bigger or smaller.
- In the Squarespace App, open the page you want to edit. Tap Edit at the top of the screen, then open the area where you want to add an image, like an Image Block or section background.
- In Photos, find the image you want to add to your site. Tap and drag the image into the Squarespace App and into the uploader.
- Continue making any other changes, then tap Done at the top of the screen.
Which blocks can I add in the app?
You'll see different block options in the app depending which version of Squarespace your site is on.
- On version 7.1, you can add new blocks to collection items and edit any existing blocks.
- On version 7.0, you can add new blocks and edit existing blocks, but not all blocks are supported.
The app currently focuses on the most popular blocks, and we plan to add more in future versions. For blocks you don’t see in the app, add them from a computer. To learn more, visit Pages, blocks, and sections in the Squarespace App.
When should I use this app vs. other mobile apps?
The Squarespace App is a great way to access many parts of your site at once and quickly make changes on the go. Still, there are some times when you may want to use another app from Squarespace to manage different areas of your site.
Here are other apps you may want to use along with the Squarespace App:
- Commerce App - Fulfill orders, contact customers, and sell in person with Squarespace Point of Sale.
- Scheduling mobile admin app - View and manage your appointments and basic settings in your Scheduling account.
How is the Home tab in the app different from the Home Menu on a computer?
The home area of the app and your computer site both help you quickly access everything you need to add and edit content.
In the app, the Home tab shows what you’ve recently edited, suggests quick actions, and displays basic traffic analytics. To open a page, tap a link in Home, tap Pages, or tap the site preview bar.
On a computer, the Home Menu displays the different panels that help you manage and build your site, including Pages, Design, and Commerce. To learn more, visit The Home Menu.
Get more help
Browse the guides on this site for help. To get help directly from the app, browse our built-in Help guides or contact us. Tap Settings, then tap Help.
Tap the option you need to view Help guides or send us feedback. To view your open tickets with Customer Support, tap My Tickets.