The Sales by Product panel in Analytics shows you key statistics by product, like revenue, order volume, and conversion, so you can see how each item you sell is performing. If you sell products in person using Squarespace Point of Sale, you can:
- Understand the popularity and performance of your products.
- Compare product sales data from your online store and Point of Sale.
- Make informed decisions about inventory, merchandising, and marketing.
The Sales by Product panel is available on Commerce Basic and Commerce Advanced plans.
Note: Gift card sales don't display in Sales by Product Analytics. Instead, revenue from purchases made with gift cards displays after an order is placed.
Review the Sales by Product panel
In the Home Menu, click Analytics, then click Sales by Product. Use the drop-down menu to view sales data by channel.
- Online - View sales made through your online store.
- POS - View sales made in-person through Squarespace Point of Sale.
- All Channels - View a combination of sales made through both channels. In this view, the Channels sold column in the table shows where a sale was made.
Tip: Data is displayed by product title. If you change a product's title, the panel will update to the new product title after someone purchases the product with its new title.
Graph and table
The bar graph and table display a breakdown of your top items by KPI and how they're performing. Use these views to compare different metrics and see your most valuable items at a glance. The bar chart shows up to eight items, and the table shows up to 100 items.
Click a column name in the table to sort by that KPI.
Keep in mind:
- You can sort each column in ascending or descending order. Double-click a column name to see the items with the lowest numbers for that KPI.
- To change the date range, use the drop-down menu in the top-right corner. Data is available from when you created your site (from 2014 onward).
- To find a specific product, use the search bar above the chart.
- The data shown for each item includes all its variants. It's not possible to view individual variant data.
- Revenue numbers in the graph are rounded. The table shows the exact amount.
Sales by Product focuses on these key performance indicators, or KPIs:
- Units sold
- Views (only calculated for online sales)
- Conv. rate (only calculated for online sales)
To learn more about these terms, visit the Squarespace glossary.