The Sales by Product panel in Analytics shows you key statistics by product, like revenue, order volume, and conversion, so you can see how each item you sell is performing. If you sell products in person using Squarespace Point of Sale, you can:
- Understand the popularity and performance of your products.
- Compare product sales data from your online store, Point of Sale, and third-party sales channels.
- Make informed decisions about inventory, merchandising, and marketing.
The Sales by Product panel is available on Commerce Basic and Commerce Advanced plans, and on sites with Member Areas.
Note: Gift card sales don't display in Sales by Product Analytics. Instead, revenue from purchases made with gift cards displays after an order is placed.
Review the Sales by Product panel
- In the Home Menu, click Analytics, then click Sales by Product.
- Click the date range drop-down menu at the top of the panel to filter results by time frame. Data is available starting from January 2014.
- Click the sales channel drop-down menu to filter results by the following channels:
- Website - View sales of products made through your online store, and of new or recurring memberships to any member areas on your site.
- POS - View sales made in-person through Squarespace Point of Sale.
- [Third-party platform] - If you use the Orders API to import orders from one or more third-party sales channels, view sales made through each individual platform.
- All Channels - View a combination of sales made through all available channels. In this view, the Channels sold column in the table shows where a sale was made.
Tip: Data is displayed by product or member area title. If you change a product or member area’s title, the panel will update to the new title after someone purchases the product or member area with its new title.
Graph and table
The bar graph and table display a breakdown of your top items by KPI and how they're performing. Use these views to compare different metrics and see your most valuable items at a glance. The bar chart shows up to eight items, and the table shows up to 100 items.
Click a column name in the table to sort by that KPI. Use the toggle at the top of the table to view Total sales for each product or individual product sales by Channel.
Keep in mind:
- You can sort each column in ascending or descending order. Double-click a column name to see the items with the lowest numbers for that KPI.
- To find a specific product or member area, use the search bar above the chart.
- The data shown for each product includes all its variants. It's not possible to view individual variant data.
- Revenue numbers in the graph are rounded. The table shows the exact amount.
Sales by Product focuses on these key performance indicators, or KPIs:
- Units sold
- Views (only calculated for website product sales)
- Conv. rate (only calculated for website product sales)
To learn more about these terms, visit the Analytics glossary.