Answers to common questions about Squarespace's built-in newsletter feature.
Here are some common questions about Squarespace Email Campaigns.
What is Email Campaigns?
Squarespace Email Campaigns is an add-on feature that you can use to send branded marketing email campaigns directly from your website. To learn more, visit Getting started with Squarespace Email Campaigns.
How much does it cost?
The Email Campaigns panel is available on all sites. Some Email Campaigns features are free:
- Build mailing lists
- Create draft campaigns
- Send up to three trial blast campaigns
For more access, sign up for an Email Campaigns. The plan you choose sets how many campaigns you can send per month, and what features are available.
For more help and to learn how much each plan costs, visit our information on plans and pricing.
I'm already using an email marketing service. How do I switch?
You can get started with Email Campaigns at any time by creating a draft.
When you're ready to send your campaign, export your contacts from your old email marketing service and import them into a mailing list in your Email Campaigns dashboard. You can then send your email to everyone on that list.
What's the difference between campaigns and sends?
The billing plan you choose sets the number of campaigns and sends you can send in a month. You can see how many campaigns and sends you've sent so far in the bottom-left corner of the Email Campaigns dashboard.
- Campaigns are the actual emails you're sending. Only blast campaigns count toward the monthly campaigns limit.
- Sends are the number of individual email addresses you send each campaign to. Both blast and automated campaigns count towards the monthly send limit.
For example, if you send one blast campaign to ten email addresses, that's one campaign and ten sends. If you set up an automated campaign that sends to five email addresses, that's five sends.
For more help, visit Email Campaigns pricing, billing, and invoices.
When are scheduled campaigns counted toward monthly limits?
Scheduled blast campaigns count toward monthly campaign and send limits when they actually send. For example, if you create a draft in May and schedule it to send in June, it counts toward your June limit after it's been sent.
Can I use Email Campaigns with a domain parking page?
No. You need an active website or Acuity Scheduling subscription to sign up for Email Campaigns, but you can continue to use Email Campaigns if your website or Acuity subscription ends.
Can site contributors use Email Campaigns?
Site owners and contributors with Administrator or Email Campaigns editor permissions can access all Email Campaigns features, including sending campaigns. For all other contributor permissions, Email Campaigns isn't available.
Can Squarespace help improve my results?
We can't provide specific advice because everyone's content, goals, and audience are a little different. There are plenty of resources online that explore ways to build a successful email campaign, and we recommend experimenting to find out what has the best results for your content.
Can I use emojis?
Yes, Email Campaigns supports emojis, including in subject lines. However:
- Providers may display emojis differently. For example, they look different on an Apple device vs. an Android device.
- Devices may display emojis differently depending on their operating system. For example, an Apple device without the latest iOS update may not be able to display new emojis.
- There is generally less mailbox support for emojis with skin colors. Typically they will look good on iPhones, but not display correctly on other devices.
Can I use custom code?
No, custom code isn't currently supported for Email Campaigns.