Squarespace Analytics is our reporting platform that gives you insight into how your site is performing. With Analytics, you can get a clear picture of your visitors and their behavior through visual reports on statistics like pageviews, conversion, sales, referrers, and popular content.
If you have an online store, Analytics includes revenue, conversion, and cart abandonment data so you can track how your business is doing and identify opportunities for growth.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- Site Owners and contributors with Administrator and Reporting permissions can view Analytics.
- Data in Analytics can take up to 60 minutes to refresh.
- It's not possible to export Analytics data at this time.
- As a best practice, keep track of when you make big changes to your site or content to see how your data responds.
Availability by plan
Your access to Analytics panels and features depends on:
If your plan doesn’t include certain Analytics features, you’ll see a preview and an opportunity to upgrade.
The table below shows available options by plan.
- Legacy business plans have the same options as Commerce Basic.
- Most trial sites have the same options as Website Personal.
|Feature||Website Personal||Website Business||Commerce Basic||Commerce Advanced|
|Form & Button Conversions||✕||✓||✓||✓|
|Sales by Product||✕||✕||✓||✓|
with connected payments
restricted sources and channels
To open the Analytics panel:
- In the Home Menu, click Analytics.
- Click a panel to see the report.
Tip: Use menu shortcuts to add links to key Analytics panels directly to the Home Menu.
Click the links below for more information on any panel. Some panels are only available on certain plans.
- Abandoned Cart - Get insight into abandoned carts and the success of Abandoned Checkout Recovery emails.
- Activity Log - See a searchable list of every time a visitor accessed a URL on your site in the past seven days. Includes IP addresses.
- Form & Button Conversions - Track how visitors engage with your forms and buttons using Form & Button Conversions.
- Geography - View site visits by country, region, or city.
- Google Search Keywords - See which search keywords drive the most traffic to your site from Google.
- Other Search Keywords - See which keywords drive traffic to your site from search engines other than Google, like Bing and Blekko.
- Popular Content - See the most popular content on your site by pageviews.
- Purchase Funnel - See a visual report on your store’s sales funnel and conversion rate.
- RSS Subscribers - Analyze the traffic your RSS feed(s) receives, useful for bloggers and podcasters.
- Sales by Product - See how each item you sell is performing.
- Sales - See how your store is performing at a glance if you sell on Squarespace.
- Site Search Queries - Learn what visitors are searching for on your site.
- Traffic - Get insight into traffic and engagement trends and track your audience’s growth over time.
- Traffic Sources - See where visitors come from when they visit your site by channel. If you’re on the Commerce Basic or Advanced Plan, you can see how much revenue each channel—like social, email, and direct traffic—drives to your business.
Read about common Analytics terms in the Squarespace glossary.
You can find answers to common questions in the Analytics FAQ.
Analytics mobile app
Download the Analytics Mobile App to access data from your mobile device.
Trial sites and analytics
The analytics options you see during a trial depends on your template. (After upgrading, it depends on your plan.)
Most trial sites have the same options as Website Personal.
If you start your trial with one of the following templates, you'll see the same options as Commerce Advanced:
Tip: Since trial sites aren't public, you may not see much data during a trial.