Squarespace Analytics is our reporting platform that gives you insight into how your site is performing. With Analytics, you can get a clear picture of your visitors and their behavior through visual reports on statistics like pageviews, conversion, sales, referrers, and bounce rate.
If you have an online store, Analytics includes revenue, conversion, and cart abandonment data so you can track how your business is doing and identify opportunities for growth.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- Site Owners and contributors with Administrator and Reporting permissions can view Analytics.
- Data in Analytics can take up to two hours to refresh.
- It's not possible to export Analytics data at this time.
- As a best practice, keep track of when you make big changes to your site or content to see how your data responds.
Availability by plan
Your access to Analytics panels and features depends on:
- Your billing plan
- If your site is connected to a payment processor
- If you purchased a Member Areas subscription
If your plan doesn’t include certain Analytics features, you’ll see a preview and an opportunity to upgrade.
The table below shows available options by plan.
- Legacy business plans have the same options as Commerce Basic.
- Most trial sites have the same options as Website Personal.
- Regardless of your plan, if you purchase a Member Areas subscription, you'll have the options listed in the Member Areas subscription column below.
|Feature||Website Personal||Website Business||Commerce Basic||Commerce Advanced||Member Areas subscription|
with connected payments
|Sales by Product||✕||✕||✓||✓||✓|
restricted sources and channels
|Form & Button Conversions||✕||✓||✓||✓||✕|
Viewing historical Analytics data after upgrading
Your Analytics panels will display historical data, even if you upgrade your site. We track data for all sites, regardless of plan. For example, if you upgrade to a Commerce plan, your Abandoned Cart and Purchase Funnel panels will display historical data, dating back to when you began selling products on your site or when we released those Analytics panels, whichever is more recent.
To open the Analytics panel:
- In the Home Menu, click Analytics.
- Click a panel to see the report. Learn more about each Analytics panel in Understanding your Squarespace Analytics panels.
Tip: Use menu shortcuts to add links to key Analytics panels directly to the Home Menu.
Read about common Analytics terms in the Squarespace glossary.
Analytics on mobile
Download the Squarespace App to access data from your mobile device.
Hiding your activity from Squarespace Analytics
Squarespace Analytics ignores all activity when you're logged in and viewing your site. If you're logged out, Analytics counts your activity like you're an outside visitor.
Analytics is designed to show you how visitors interact with your site, so you may not want your own activity to skew the data. To prevent your or your contributors' pageviews and other activity from populating in Analytics, log in before viewing your site.
Tip: In Google Analytics, you can hide your activity by creating a filter to exclude your IP address.
Trial sites and analytics
Which analytics options you see in your trial site depends on the version of Squarespace your site is on.
All trial sites have the same options as Commerce Advanced.
The analytics options you see during a trial depends on your template. (After upgrading, it depends on your plan.)
Most trial sites have the same options as Website Personal.
If you start your trial with one of the following templates, you'll see the same options as Commerce Advanced:
Tip: Since trial sites aren't public, you may not see much data during a trial.
We can't provide specific advice for improving your Analytics results, as everyone's content, goals, and audience are a little different. There are plenty of resources online that explore different ways to impact your analytics, and we recommend experimenting to find out what has the best results for your site.
If you want an outside opinion on your Analytics, review these helpful options: