This guide covers how to log in and out of Squarespace. If you have multiple Squarespace sites, you’ll learn how to log into the correct one.
You can log in using an email address and password or with your Apple, Facebook, or Google account. Unless you change your login method, you’ll log in the same way you signed up. For example, if you signed up with a Google account, you’ll log in using your Google account.
- If you're having trouble, visit I can't log in.
- If you forgot your email address or password, click Can't log in? below the login field.
- For more help, visit Changing or recovering your account email address, Resetting your Squarespace password, or Changing how you log into Squarespace.
Go to squarespace.com/login:
- If you signed up with an email address and password, enter them and click Log In.
- If you signed up using a social account, click that account and follow the prompts.
Open the Squarespace App and tap Log in.
- If you signed up with an email address and password, enter them and tap Log In.
- If you signed up using a social account, tap that account and follow the prompts.
Confirm your site
After entering your email address and password, you'll see your Account Dashboard. Here you can see a thumbnail image, site title, and connected domains for every site connected to your account. Check the thumbnail and site title to ensure you log into the right site.
To switch between sites, go to the Home Menu, scroll down, and click your profile picture or initials.
After entering your email address and password, you'll see a list of your websites. Here you can see a thumbnail image, site title, and connected domains for every site connected to your account. Check the thumbnail and site title to ensure you log into the right site. Tap the thumbnail image to log into the site.
To switch between sites, tap the Account icon, then tap your site title to return to the list of websites.
Other ways to log in
Direct login URL
You can also log into your site by visiting your built-in or custom domain and adding /config to the end. For example:
Replace “your-site” with your built-in or custom domain name.
Escape key login
If Escape key login is enabled, you can press Esc while visiting any page of your site to open the login page.
If you've enabled two-factor authentication, you'll need to use an app password to log into some apps or services, like our Developer Platform. To learn more, visit Generate an app password.
Stay logged in
You’ll stay logged in every time your browser loads your site for up to 30 days, unless you manually log out of your account or clear your cache. This saves time by taking you directly to your account without having to enter your credentials.
To log out:
- In the bottom of the Home Menu, scroll down and click your profile picture or initials. Or, click your profile picture or initials in the top-right corner of your Account Dashboard.
- Click Log Out.
- Open the Squarespace App.
- Tap your profile icon.
- Scroll down and tap Log out.