Every person with a Squarespace account who can log in and edit your site is a contributor. If you're not the only one who manages your site, invite people to contribute and then control what they can see by assigning them permissions.
Note: If a new contributor can't accept the invitation, visit Accepting a contributor invitation for troubleshooting and tips.
Watch a video
Before you begin
- Only Administrators and site owners can add contributors.
- On the Website Personal plan and Cover Page plan, you can add one contributor (for a total of two, including the site owner). In other billing plans, you can add an unlimited number of contributors.
- Multiple contributors making simultaneous content edits can cause changes to overwrite each other. We recommend coordinating with your contributors to avoid issues.
- Parking pages don’t allow for extra contributor logins. Only the owner can log into a parking page.
Step 1 - Go to the Permissions panel
In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Permissions.
Step 2 - Invite a contributor
Click Invite Contributor.
In the Invite Contributor window, enter the contributor's name and address. Then check the boxes to give the contributor permission(s) based on how they will contribute to your site.
You can check multiple permissions. The available permissions are:
- Content Editor
- Comment Moderator
- Trusted Commenter
- Store Manager
For details on what each permission level can access, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
Click Save to send your invitation.
Your contributor will receive an email invitation asking them to log into their existing Squarespace account or create a new one.
Invited contributors are listed under Invites Sent.
Manually send an invitation link
If the invited contributor isn't receiving your invitation email, have them check their spam folder or search firstname.lastname@example.org. If they still aren't receiving the email, you can click their contributor profile under Invites Sent and copy the Invitation Link.
Make changes before they accept the invitation
If you need to edit the contributor's permissions before they accept the invitation, click their name in the Invites Sent area. From here, you can change the invited permission level.
If you entered the wrong email or don't want to invite the contributor, click Remove Invite to cancel the person's access to your site. You can then follow the steps above to resend a corrected invitation if needed.
- Send your new contributor our Accepting a contributor invitation guide to help them get started.
- After a contributor accepts the invitation, you can edit their permissions or remove them as a contributor.
- If a contributor wants to change their name, email address, or avatar, they can edit their profile.