Follow this guide to avoid and troubleshoot common issues with Mailchimp connections through our integration.
Tip: As an alternative to Mailchimp, use our Email Campaigns feature to send emails directly from your site.
Prima di iniziare
- Per Mailchimp's policy, lists can't exceed 30 fields. If a form has more than 30 fields, edit the form to remove some fields.
- If you're using an existing audience, ensure all blocks connected to the audience are identical.
- When testing your Mailchimp connection, use an email address that isn't already subscribed. Subscribed addresses won't receive opt-in or confirmation emails, which can make it hard to identify and fix problems. To learn more, review Mailchimp's tips.
E-mail di Errore di invio modulo - "Hai un invio modulo non salvato"
You'll receive this email if a form submission didn't send to Mailchimp. This might happen if there's an issue with the form's connection to Mailchimp, or if Mailchimp flagged an address as spam. The email includes the submitted information as a backup for you.
Follow these steps to check the form's Mailchimp connection:
- Nel Menu Home, fai clic su Pagine.
- Go to the page cited in the email.
- In the page editor, double-click the block to open the block editor.
- Clicca sulla scheda Spazio di archiviazione.
- Click Mailchimp. If prompted, reconnect your Mailchimp account.
- Seleziona una lista di iscritti dal menu a discesa.
If the issue continues:
- Ensure your block has 30 fields or fewer
- Uncheck any required fields in Mailchimp
- Ripristina la connessione
- Attiva Google reCAPTCHA sui tuoi moduli
Manually add email addresses
If you've followed the above steps but still receive the "unsaved form submission" email for a submission, Mailchimp may have flagged the email address as spam for your security. To learn more, visit Mailchimp's documentation on fake signups.
If the address is legitimate, you can try manually adding it to your audience from your Mailchimp account.
Subscribers and form submissions don't match
Discrepancies between subscribers and form submissions can be caused by double opt-in, which is enabled by default. If subscribers don't confirm their subscriptions via email, Mailchimp doesn't add them to your audience. You can disable double opt-in to automatically add subscribers to your audience.
Subscribers aren't receiving confirmation emails
If subscribers aren't receiving the "Confirm your subscription" email, visit Mailchimp's documentation for help.
Errors in submission information
If new subscribers aren't being added to an audience or you're seeing other submission errors, there may be an issue with the connection. Follow the steps in the sections below to resolve the issue.
Uncheck required fields in Mailchimp
If any fields are checked as required in your Mailchimp account, form submissions may not appear in Mailchimp. To resolve this:
- Nel tuo account Mailchimp, vai alla pagina Pubblico e fai clic sul pubblico associato al modulo.
- Seleziona il menu a discesa Impostazioni.
- Fai clic su Campi di pubblico e sui tag *|MERGE|*.
- Uncheck any Required boxes.
Mailchimp always requires an email address. This won't cause connection issues.
Use a new, empty audience
If you're having trouble with an existing Mailchimp audience, connect a new, empty audience instead:
- Go to your Mailchimp account.
- Create a new audience following Mailchimp's steps.
- In your Squarespace site, double-click the Form Block or Newsletter Block to open the Edit Form window.
- Click the Storage tab, or click Connect other services.
- In the Mailchimp option, select the new audience from the drop-down menu.
Reset your connection
If a block connected to Mailchimp has frequent issues, temporarily disconnect the form from Mailchimp and reset permissions for your account:
- In the page editor, double-click the Form Block or Newsletter Block to open the Edit Form window.
- Clicca sulla scheda Spazio di archiviazione.
- Click the X to disconnect the form from Mailchimp.
- In a new tab or window, log into your Mailchimp account.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click the Extras drop-down menu, then click API Keys.
- Scroll down to Authorized Applications and click the X next to Squarespace. For more help disconnecting in Mailchimp, visit their documentation.
- Return to your Squarespace site, open the form's settings again and try reconnecting to Mailchimp. This will prompt you to create a new connection.
After you reconnect the block:
- Send a test submission to check if you receive the new submission.
- Manually reconnect all Form and Newsletter Blocks on your site. Disconnecting Squarespace from Mailchimp disconnects all Squarespace forms connected to that Mailchimp account.
Emails go to spam folders
Many providers who offer free email service, like Yahoo! and AOL, follow strict DMARC policies. This can affect delivery for your campaigns. Mailchimp offers a solution, which you can read about in their Help Center.
Tip: To use a new email provider, you can get a custom email address with G Suite.