You can collect VAT or GST through Squarespace Commerce by setting tax rates, enabling tax-inclusive pricing, and customizing price and tax details for your invoice.
Note: This guide is available as a resource, but should not be construed or relied upon in any way as legal or accounting advice. Per our Terms of Service, Squarespace doesn't provide advice or recommendations on any laws or requirements applicable to your site or business. If you have questions about these laws, you can consult with a tax advisor or attorney.
Prima di iniziare
- This guide covers charging VAT through Squarespace Commerce. For information about VAT collected for your Squarespace subscriptions, visit VAT and Squarespace billing.
- Non è possibile impostare regole fiscali diverse in base al prodotto.
- Some settings may be enabled by default based on the country you entered at signup. You can follow the steps in this guide to make any changes.
Step 1 - Enable tax-inclusive pricing
Tax-inclusive pricing sets prices to include VAT, rather than add tax at checkout.
For example, if a product costs €120 and includes tax (at a VAT rate of 20%) customers will see the €120 price in your store. In order confirmation emails, the price is broken down into the €100 net product price and €20 VAT charge.
Per abilitare questa opzione:
- Nel Menu Home, clicca su Commerce.
- Click Taxes.
- Click the .
- Check Tax is Included in Product Prices.
- Click Save.
Step 2 - Set a tax rate
In the Taxes panel, click Add Country.
Seleziona un Paese dal menu a discesa, quindi aggiungi un Nome imposta e un'Aliquota fiscale. Seleziona le opzioni nella parte inferiore del pannello per Applicare l'imposta sulla spedizione e Applicare l'imposta sui servizi. Clicca su Salva.
Note: If you have questions about your tax rates, please consult with your tax advisor.
Step 3 - Edit invoice details
You can customize the information that appears in your order invoices—including order confirmation emails and printable order summaries—based on your local requirements.
Note: If you have questions about your local formatting requirements, consult with your tax advisor. Squarespace can't provide you with tax advice.
Nel Menu Home, clicca su Commerce, poi su Checkout.
Scroll down and click Invoices.
In the Price and Tax Details panel you can customize your invoice by enabling the following options:
- Show Pre-Tax Price with item Price - Displays pre- and post-tax prices for each item.
- Show Tax for Each Item - Displays tax rate and amount charged for each item.
- Show Pre-Tax Order Total - Displays sum of item and shipping totals before tax (Net Total).
- Show a Tax Breakdown Table - Displays a table below the Order Summary of tax rates and amounts charged.
Step 4 - Add a VAT Registration Number (optional)
Se hai un numero di partita IVA, puoi inserirlo nel riquadro Informazioni aziendali. Questo numero verrà visualizzato sulle fatture.
Nel Menu Home, clicca su Commerce, quindi su Notifiche cliente e infine su Intestazione e piè di pagina. Digita il tuo numero di Partita IVA nel campo ID registrazione fiscale (facoltativo).
Step 5 - Confirm your location (optional)
Your Business Address will also appear on invoices. To confirm your location is correct, scroll down in the Business Information panel to Business Address.
Step 6 - Preview your invoice (optional)
Nel Menu Home, clicca su Commerce, poi su Notifiche cliente.
Scroll down to Customize Emails, and click Order Emails. On the right, you'll see a preview of your order confirmation email. The Order Summary includes a tax breakdown based on your invoice format.
Can I exempt customers from paying VAT?
No. VAT exemption isn't available for Squarespace Commerce at this time.
How do I charge customers in a country with a different VAT rate?
When tax-inclusive pricing is enabled, everyone sees the same price regardless of where the customer is located. Only the amount of VAT taxes displayed at checkout changes. Squarespace VAT collection is ideal for stores primarily selling to customers in a single country.