After you've created your draft, it's time to send your email campaign to your subscribers. This guide has tips to help set you up for success.
This guide focuses on "blast" emails, which are individual campaigns that you send to a mailing list. To send triggered emails when someone signs up for your list, visit Sending automated campaigns.
The number of blast campaigns you can send per month depends on your Email Campaigns plan.
Before you begin
To send a campaign, ensure you've created the following:
We also recommend the following:
- Verify your email.
- If you're using a custom email (recommended), verify its domain.
- Review our best practices and tips for avoiding spam filters.
- Add a business address to your website.
Keep in mind:
- Campaigns won't send if you're over your monthly amount of campaigns.
- Campaigns won't send if the mailing list has more subscribers than your plan's monthly send limit.
- The device you're using sets the time zone for scheduled campaigns. For example, if your computer is set to EST, your email campaign's scheduled send date and time will also follow EST.
- Depending on where they enter their email address, new subscribers may need to confirm their mailing list subscriptions before they can receive email campaigns.
Step 1 - Add your email information
From the Email Campaigns dashboard, click Drafts. Click your draft, and click Email in the top-right corner. Then:
- Add a subject and preview text to entice your subscribers to open your campaign. See our tips for help.
- Connect the campaign to one or more mailing lists to choose who it will send to.
- Connect a sender profile to choose the email and name that will display in the From area of your campaign.
- Add a valid physical postal address to the footer. If this is your first campaign, the address from your site's Business Information Settings displays by default, or you can add an address manually. If you aren't sure which address to use, visit our tips.
Here's how some of that information might display in the email campaign your subscribers receive:
Step 2 - Send a test email
This step is optional, but we recommend it. To send a test of your campaign to your personal email address, click Send Test at the bottom of the editor. To send it to more than one person, separate email addresses with commas.
Review the test version in your Inbox. If you don't see it, check your spam folder.
Here are some things to check each time:
- Click all the links, including buttons, to ensure they open correctly.
- Review all the text for typos and phrasing.
- Ensure the images look good.
- Ensure the Unsubscribe link is visible.
- Open your campaign on a computer and a smartphone to see how it looks in different devices.
If you find anything you want to change, update the draft.
Tip: The Unsubscribe link doesn't work in test emails.
Step 3 - Send or schedule your campaign
When your blast campaign is ready to send, click Schedule to choose the timing.
- Send it right away - Toggle on Send Immediately. Then go back and click Send to Mailing Lists.
- Schedule it for later - Toggle off Send Immediately, and choose a date and time. Then go back and click Schedule Campaign.
Congratulations, you've launched or scheduled your campaign!
For scheduled campaigns:
- To change the scheduled time, edit the campaign and click Schedule in the Email tab.
- To unschedule a campaign, toggle on Send Immediately. The campaign saves as a draft until you send or reschedule it.
Step 4 - Track your progress
Now that your campaign is officially out in the world, go to your Email Campaigns dashboard to see an overview of how many subscribers have received, opened, and clicked a link within it. You can also click Sent to see more details and compare its success to past campaigns.
To learn more, visit Tracking email campaign analytics.