You can export your Squarespace Commerce products to a .csv file. With this editable .csv file, you can import your products to third-party services, save a copy for your records, or import your products to another Squarespace site.
Before you begin
- Third-party services may require different formatting. When uploading products to another service, edit your .csv file to fit their specific requirements.
- The export .csv uses the same format as our import .csv, with an additional column for pages. The pages column isn't used when importing. Download an example .csv file here.
- This is a one-time export. Any updates to your original store or .csv won't automatically sync to Squarespace after the export.
- You can only export physical and service products. You can’t export digital products and gift cards.
- You can only export three variant options per product (e.g., color, size, material). Additional variant options won’t appear in the .csv file.
- Additional product information and thumbnail images don't export.
- You can export up to 2000 products. Each variant counts as a unique product. Products beyond this limit won’t appear in the .csv file.
Export your products
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Advanced, and then click Import / Export.
- Click Export.
- Select Products from the Export Site menu.
- Click Download. Your products will download as a products.csv file.
Re-importing your products
After exporting your products, you can import the .csv file to the same site or a different one. Importing the .csv will create new products on one page, rather than updating existing products across many pages.
You can import up to 200 main products via .csv. Each product can support up to 100 variants. To import additional products, divide your products.csv export file into multiple .csv files.
Can I bulk edit my products with the .csv?
After exporting, you can edit the .csv file and make any changes you like. However, re-importing the file won't update your existing products. Instead, it will create new products on a new Products Page.
Will my images still import after I delete the original products?
The export file includes products images using their file URL. Squarespace stores these files on our content delivery network (CDN). Image URLs for deleted products may be removed periodically from the CDN.
We recommend keeping backup copies of product images and importing your .csv export file before deleting any original products.