Squarespace Circle is a program designed to support, inspire, and engage the community of creatives, developers, and designers who use Squarespace to build beautiful websites for themselves and their clients. Circle members get longer trial periods, optimized customer support, and access to exclusive content.
This guide reviews common questions about the program.
What benefits do Circle members receive?
Circle members receive:
- Six-month trial periods - For new websites
- 20% off annual website and online store subscriptions - The discount applies to the first payment for your site (doesn't apply to the Select plan)
- 20% off annual Scheduling subscriptions - The discount applies to the first Scheduling payment
- Optimized care - When you contact us, we'll recognize that you're an experienced user
- Circle forum - Access to the private Circle forum for peer-to-peer support and feedback
- Exclusive content - Such as advanced guides and product release notes
- Three free months of Acuity Scheduling - When you sign up for any new Acuity plan from the Circle dashboard
- Squarespace Circle Badge - To add to your website
For a full list of benefits, visit circle.squarespace.com.
Who's eligible to join?
The Circle is open to customers who have built or are contributors to at least three active Squarespace sites. At the time you apply, you must be a contributor to these sites and they must be on active billing plans.
How much does Circle membership cost?
Circle membership is currently free.
How do I join?
To apply to join the Circle:
- Ensure that you're eligible. You must be a contributor to at least three active Squarespace sites.
- Visit circle.squarespace.com/join-now.
- Click Join Now.
- Enter the email address and password you use to log into Squarespace.
- If we recognize that your email address is linked to at least three paid sites, you'll be taken to the next step.
- Follow the prompts to agree to the terms and conditions and, optionally, enter your website's URL.
- After you're registered, you'll receive an official welcome email.
Why do I see a "Not Yet Eligible" message?
If you see a "Not Yet Eligible" message when you try to join, you may not have three or more active sites linked to your email address.
If you're not a contributor to at least three sites, sign up for our free guide to go further with Squarespace and start taking steps toward becoming a Circle member.
If you are a contributor to at least three sites, follow these steps to consolidate all of them under one email address:
- Invite the email address as a contributor to each website you manage. This sends contributor invitations to the address.
- Before accepting each invitation, log out of all Squarespace sites. Otherwise, you may see an error message when you try to accept.
- Accept invitations to each website.
- Reapply to the Circle.
If you continue to have issues and believe you're eligible for the Circle, you can contact us.
How do extended trials work?
After joining the Circle, every new site you create under your email address will start with a six-month trial. Trials started before joining the Circle follow our standard 14-day trial period. If you need more time after two weeks, you can extend it.
Do members get discounts, referral fees, or other rewards?
Circle membership includes a 20% discount on new website and online store annual subscriptions, as well as new annual Squarespace Scheduling subscriptions.
- This discount applies to the first payment on a new Website or Commerce plan, or to Scheduling, on an annual billing cycle.
- The discount doesn't apply to future renewals, reactivations, upgrades, or downgrades.
- The discount isn’t valid in combination with other offers, apart from free-for-the-first-year Squarespace Domains, our G Suite offer, and the discount for domain upgrades.
You can apply the discount in two ways:
- If a Circle member started the site trial or Scheduling trial, the discount will automatically apply at checkout. This will apply if either the Circle member or a non-Circle member completes the transaction.
- If a non-Circle member started the site trial or Scheduling trial, the discount won’t automatically apply. To apply the discount, invite a Circle member to the website as a contributor with Billing permissions. The Circle member can log in and complete the transaction. The discount will appear at checkout.
How do I manage my membership?
Your membership and benefits are built into your Squarespace websites and your interactions with Customer Support. You don't need to manage anything separately.
How do I change my Circle forum email address?
Your Circle Forum account and your Squarespace account connect to the same email address, which you can change in your account settings.
Changing your email address will disable your Circle Forum account. To reconnect, log in to the Circle Forum with your updated credentials.
What's the relationship between Circle and Squarespace Marketplace?
Squarespace Circle is a membership program for creative professionals that offers benefits like priority support and exclusive content. To learn more, visit the Circle website.
Squarespace Marketplace is a program that connects people who need website design and development help with qualified web designers from Circle. It's powered by 99designs. We periodically invite eligible Circle members to participate in Marketplace as Experts. To learn more, visit Hiring a Squarespace Expert.
How does optimized care work?
When Circle members email Customer Support, we'll see that we're working with an experienced user. This additional context helps us to address members’ questions more efficiently and effectively. Optimized care isn't yet available through live chat.
Are members endorsed by Squarespace?
Members of the Circle are entitled to exclusive benefits, but aren't endorsed or accredited by Squarespace. While it's fine to mention Circle membership in marketing and client communications, members shouldn't misrepresent themselves as being affiliated with or endorsed by Squarespace.