Analyze the IP address, browser version, and other visitor details from the last seven days.
The Activity log panel in Squarespace analytics is a searchable list of every time a visitor accessed a URL (a page or post) on your site in the past seven days. Each page visit is its own entry with detailed information such as:
- IP address
- Browser version
- Operating system
The activity log helps you review traffic in granular detail, which can give you insight into:
- The geographic location of your visitors by IP address
- How visitors in specific locations find your site
This may be useful if you’ve noticed an unusual spike in a short amount of time. It’s also a great way to identify the geographical location of visitors by IP address.
The Activity log panel is available in all plans.
Before you begin
- The activity log only shows activity for the previous seven days.
- The activity log tracks visitor activity, not login or editing activity. If you access the site using your custom domain, that visit displays in your activity log.
- A browser’s privacy settings could prevent the activity log from capturing every detail about the visitor.
- It's not possible to block specific IP addresses from your site.
Review the Activity log panel
- Open the Analytics panel, click Engagement, then click Activity log.
- The activity log shows the most recent 50 entries from the previous seven days. Each row in the table is a page visit. Scroll down to the bottom and click Load more to view the next 50.
- The Page visited column identifies pages by their page title. If you change a page's title, the Activity log will continue to show the old page title for up to seven days after the change.
Click the search / magnifying glass icon to find activity in the log by:
- Visitor IP address - The IP address, shown in the Visitor IP address column
- Page visited - The page or post title accessed, shown in the Page visited column
- Referrer - By the URL the visitor previously accessed, if this information is available to Squarespace. You can find each log’s referrer by clicking on its row.
Tap Analytics, then tap Activity log.
- The activity log shows the most recent entries from the previous seven days.
- Location data is approximate based on the visitor’s IP address.
- Each row is a page visit. Scroll to view more.
- Tap any visit to review the site path of every page or post visited, and the time they loaded each URL.
Disable activity log
Some countries have privacy laws about individuals’ data, including data that websites collect from visitors. This may include the information which displays in the activity log. To disable the activity log:
- Open the Cookies & Visitor Data panel.
- Scroll down, and switch the Activity Log toggle off.
Disabling the activity log removes all data from the panel. To re-enable the activity log, switch the toggle on.
Note: This guide is available as a resource, but shouldn't be construed or relied upon in any way as legal advice. Per our Terms of Service, Squarespace doesn't provide advice or recommendations regarding laws applicable to your site or business.