Activity Log in Analytics is a searchable list of every time a visitor accessed a URL (a page or post) on your site in the past seven days. Each page visit is its own entry with detailed information such as:
- IP address
- Browser version
- Operating system
Activity Log helps you review traffic in granular detail, which can be useful if you’ve noticed an unusual spike in a short amount of time. It’s also a great way to identify the geographical location of visitors by IP address.
This panel is available in the Cover Page, Website, and Commerce plans.
Before you begin
- The Activity Log only shows activity for the previous seven days.
- The Activity Log tracks visitor activity, not contributor login or editing activity. Once you’re logged in, your traffic is excluded from Activity Log.
- A browser’s privacy settings could prevent Activity Log from capturing every detail about the visitor.
- It isn’t possible to block specific IP addresses from your site.
Review the Activity Log
- In the Home Menu, click Analytics, and then click Activity Log.
- The Activity Log shows the most recent 50 entries from the previous seven days. Each row in the table is a page visit. Scroll down to the bottom to view the next 50.
Click the search / magnifying glass icon to find activity in the log by:
- Visitor - IP Address, shown in the Visitor column
- Activity - The page or post title accessed, shown in the Page Title column
- Referrer - By the URL the visitor previously accessed, if this information is available to Squarespace. You can find each log’s referrer by clicking on its row.