Adding related post links to your blog posts is a great way to engage readers and help them explore your content. You can create this look using Summary Blocks. On version 7.0, some blog-focused templates have built-in features for creating related posts links.
Related posts work best at the bottom of blog posts, where they entice visitors to read other relevant content. When visitors click a related post link, the post opens in the same browser tab.
For general information on adding and managing blog posts, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
Use a Summary Block
To add a Summary Block for related posts:
- Click Edit on a blog post to open it and scroll to the bottom of the content.
- Click an insert point to add a Summary Block. You can choose Wall, Carousel, List, and Grid, depending on how you want your related posts to display.
- In the Content tab, click the Blog Page with the related posts.
- In the Layout tab, customize how the block will appear. If you’re using the Carousel layout, you can use the Header Text field to add a title, such as “Related Posts.” Otherwise, use a Text Block to add a title.
- In the Display tab, choose the amount of content that displays with each related post link.
- Use the Category Filter and Tag Filter fields to choose a category or tag related to the current content. For a detailed explanation of each setting, visit Summary Blocks.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
When you’re finished creating your blog post, click Save to save the post as a draft, or click Save & Publish to share the post immediately. Repeat these steps for every blog post where you want to display related post links.
Use a template with built-in related posts
This option is only supported by certain templates on version 7.0. If your site is on version 7.1, use a Summary Block. If your site is on version 7.0, you can switch to one of these templates or use a Summary Block.
These template families use a built-in algorithm to display related posts automatically at the bottom of each blog post:
To disable or re-enable related posts, open the Blog Page’s settings and check or uncheck Enable Related Items in the Advanced tab.
Each related post link displays the post thumbnail, publication date, and title.
Which related posts display depends on your Blog Page content, but the template considers these attributes when choosing posts:
- Blog post titles
- Text in Text Blocks
This search generates two or more related posts, depending on the template. Related posts will become more accurate as you continue to add content to your Blog Page.
Tip: Related posts are automatically generated on these templates. It isn't possible to edit or change related post links. For more control over which posts display, disable related posts and use the Summary Block method above.