You can use custom code-based modifications when a feature, functionality, or embedded content isn’t available in Squarespace. Unlike our official integrations, all code-based customizations fall outside of the scope of Squarespace support.
Adding a custom modification usually involves pasting code provided by a third-party service into a Code Block or Code Injection. Specific steps vary by service.
Since these are code-based solutions, we can’t guarantee their functionality or full compatibility with Squarespace. This includes their ability to function with our responsive design, particularly their appearance on mobile devices.
Code-based customizations usually involve Code Injection and adding advanced code to the Code Block. These are Premium features available in Business and Commerce plans.
This video is an excerpt from our Next Steps with Squarespace Series.
Visit these guides on adding these popular code-based customizations to Squarespace:
- Adsense for displaying ads on your site
- Apple Touch icon for bookmarks on iOS devices
- BeerMenus for displaying your business's alcohol menu
- Bloglovin' for verifying your blog with their service
- Etsy for embedding or linking to your Etsy shop
- Eventbrite for event registration
- Facebook Pixel for conversion and advertising
- Feedly for how your site appears in their RSS reader
- Issuu for embedding .pdfs and other files
- MLS search for real estate
- Swiftype for an alternative to our built-in Search Block
- Wufoo for an alternative to our built-in Form Block, often used for file uploads
- Zocdoc for booking doctors appointments
Using a different third-party service
Where to go for support
We don't provide support for code-based modifications, unless otherwise specified. This means that we’re unable to help further with setup or troubleshooting.
If a customization is unsupported, there are links at the bottom of its guide to point you in the right direction, like a third-party's documentation or support team, our peer-to-peer Squarespace Forum, or Squarespace Experts.
If you're looking for prioritized technical support and consultations, you may be interested in our solutions for enterprises and businesses. To learn more, explore Squarespace Select.