You can use custom third-party modifications when a feature, functionality, or embedded content isn’t available in Squarespace. Unlike our official integrations, all third-party customizations fall outside of the scope of Squarespace support.
Adding a custom modification usually involves pasting code provided by a third-party service into a Code Block or Code Injection. Specific steps vary by service.
Since these are code-based solutions, we can’t guarantee their functionality or full compatibility with Squarespace. This includes their functioning with our responsive design, particularly their appearance on mobile devices.
Tip: For official integrations we support, visit Squarespace integrations.
This video is an excerpt from our Next Steps with Squarespace Series.
Where to go for support
We don't provide support for third-party modifications, unless otherwise specified. This means that we’re unable to help further with setup or troubleshooting.
If a customization is unsupported, there are links at the bottom of its guide to point you in the right direction, like third-party's documentation or support team, our peer-to-peer Answers forum, or Squarespace Specialists.
Using your third-party service
For help, we recommend starting with your service’s documentation or contacting their support teams. Find a relevant help article on their site, or ask them for embed code you can add to Squarespace. You can also search our Answers forum for peer-to-peer advice. If you need professional coding or design assistance, a Squarespace Specialist can help.
Adding an external link
Adding a direct link to a site outside of Squarespace doesn’t require a custom modification. There are many options for linking to other sites, such as a navigation link, button, or image clickthrough URL. In some situations, this can be a more elegant solution than embedding a third-party service on your site.
Visit these guides on adding these popular third-party customizations to Squarespace:
- Adsense for displaying ads on your site
- Acuity Scheduling for online booking
- Apple Touch icon for bookmarks on iOS devices
- BeerMenus for displaying your business's alcohol selection
- Bloglovin' for verifying your blog with their service
- Bookeo for online booking
- BookingBug for online booking
- Checkfront for reservations or online payments
- Etsy for embedding or linking to your Etsy shop
- Eventbrite for event registration
- Feedly for how your site appears in their RSS reader
- Google Translate for allowing content translation on your site
- HealCode for online booking
- Houzz for connecting to your Houzz profile
- Hipmob for live chat
- Issuu for embedding .pdfs and other files
- Localize for translation and multilingual support
- MLS search for real estate
- Moonclerk for recurring or subscription payments
- PayPal for accepting payments outside of our Commerce platform
- Swiftype for an alternative to our built-in Search Block
- Timely for online booking
- TimeTrade for online booking
- Wufoo for an alternative to our built-in Form Block, often used to allow file uploads
- YouCanBook.Me for online booking