You can reset your Google Workspace (previously G Suite) password if you’re having trouble accessing your Google Workspace inbox. The steps vary depending on your permission levels.
If you have Administrator permissions in Squarespace, follow the steps below to reset your password using the Squarespace Google Workspace panel. Users with Administrator permissions in Squarespace can request a password reset for any user, including themselves, from the Squarespace Google Workspace panel.
If you’re a Google Workspace Administrator, you can reset other users' passwords through Google Admin console. If you’re the only Google Workspace user, follow the steps below to reset your password using the Squarespace Google Workspace panel instead.
If you don’t have Administrator permissions in either Squarespace or Google Workspace, contact the site owner or someone in your organization who has Google Workspace Administrator permissions for help resetting your password.
Reset the password
If you have Administrator permissions in Squarespace, follow these steps to send a reset link to an alternate email account.
Note: After following these steps, the user won't be able to use their old password and will need to create a new password to access their account.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Google Workspace.
- Click the user's email address with the password you'd like to reset.
- Click Reset Password. If you see Resend Invitation instead of Reset Password, see Troubleshooting below.
- Enter an alternate email address where you’d like your reset link sent. We recommend using a personal email address or another easily accessible account. (If you send the password reset email to the same address you're trying to reset, you or the user can't log in to get it.)
- Squarespace will send an email with a reset link to the alternate address you provided. Click the link and follow the instructions to create a new password.
The Google Workspace panel shows “Send Invitation” instead of “Reset Password”
If the user (or you, if you're resetting your own password) hasn't logged into Google Workspace yet, Send Invitation appears instead of Reset Password.
Click Send Invitation to send an email with a temporary password. In the email, click the Log into Email link to complete the Google Workspace setup, which includes creating a new password.