Use Form Blocks to collect information from visitors. With this block, you can create contact forms, surveys, polls, applications, and other types of forms.
For help with common Form Block issues, visit Troubleshooting form issues.
Before you begin
- To ensure you receive form submissions, add a storage option.
- Form Blocks can't be used as part of a HIPAA compliant solution. To collect secure patient information, we recommend linking to an external, compliant service.
Watch a video
Add a Form Block
To add a Form Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Form from the menu. For help, visit Adding blocks.
- In the Build tab of the block editor, set up your form.
- Click Storage to add a storage option.
- Click Advanced to customize advanced settings.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Set up your form
When you add a Form Block, it includes a default form name and four default fields (Name, Email Address, Subject, and Message) in the Build tab to help you get started.
To set up your form:
- Delete New Form in the Form Name box and enter a name for the form.
- To edit any of the default fields, click its Edit button, or click the trash can icon to delete it.
- To add new fields to the form, click Add form field. For each field, you can edit the title, add a description, and make the field required.
Keep in mind:
- If you have multiple contact forms on Squarespace, we recommend using a descriptive form name to help you identify form submissions you receive.
- The form name only appears to visitors if you set the form to open in a lightbox.
- We recommend a limit of 30 fields to keep your form easy for visitors to complete. This is the field limit for forms connected to Mailchimp.
- To learn about field options, visit Form fields explained.
Add a storage option
To select where to send form submissions, click the Storage tab. To learn more, visit Managing form and newsletter storage.
Customize advanced settings
To customize advanced settings, click the Advanced tab. Options include:
- Customizing the Submit button.
- Setting up a post-submit redirect or post-submit message.
- Set the form to open in a lightbox.
To learn more, visit Advanced Form Block options.
Add reCAPTCHA to reduce spam
After saving the block, you can add Google reCAPTCHA to reduce spam. Visitors will have to prove that they're not robots before completing their submissions. To learn more, visit Adding Google reCAPTCHA to forms.
Track Form Block submissions
To see how visitors engage with your forms, use Form & Button Conversions Analytics. You can track your form submission conversion rate, which compares the number of times a form was viewed with the number of submissions it received.