The Form Block adds a form to collect information from visitors. You can use the Form Block to create a contact form, survey, poll, signup form, application, and more.
Before you begin
- Squarespace doesn't store information submitted in the Form Block. To ensure you receive form submissions, select a storage option.
- The Form Block and the Squarespace platform aren’t HIPAA compliant. To collect secure patient information online, we recommend linking to an external, compliant service.
- If you're experiencing any issues with the Form Block, visit Troubleshooting Form Block issues.
Watch a video
Step 1 - Add the Form Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Form from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Set up your form
In the Form Name box, enter a name for your form. The form name only appears to visitors if you set the form to open in a lightbox. Otherwise, visitors won't see the form name.
Tip: If you have multiple contact forms on Squarespace, we recommend using a clear name to help you identify form submissions.
The Form Block comes with four default fields to help you get started. You can delete any of these fields by clicking the trash can icons.
Step 3 - Add form fields
Click the + at the bottom to add new fields.
Note: There is a limit of 30 fields for forms connected to MailChimp. We also recommend this limit generally to prevent slow load times and maintain usability.
Select a field from the menu. To learn about the available form fields and their suggested uses, visit Form fields explained.
For each field, you can:
- Edit the title
- Add a description or instructions
- Make the field required
Each form field has different setup options. For example, the Select field creates a drop-down menu.
Step 4 - Add a storage option
All Form Blocks need at least one storage option linked in the block's Storage tab. This tells the Form Block where to send form submissions so you can collect and take action on them.
To learn more, visit Managing form and newsletter storage.
Step 5 - Customize advanced settings (optional)
Use the Advanced tab to customize the "Submit" button, add a post-submit message with text or HTML, or set the form to open in a lightbox.
To learn more, visit Advanced Form Block options.