The Spacer Block adds an adjustable amount of empty space between blocks. You can use the Spacer Block to create padding and white space on pages and blog posts. The Spacer Block can also help resize images and other blocks.
Note: You can add padding in non-content areas, such as below banners or above footers, with the Style Editor. The padding options vary by template. For assistance with this, visit Making style changes.
Step 1 - Add the Spacer Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Spacer from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Place the block
Click and drag the block to its new location. The guideline will indicate its placement. For more help, visit Moving Blocks.
As a column
You can also click and drag the Spacer Block so the guideline displays vertically. The block will then create its own column.
Step 3 - Resize the block
Spacer Blocks can be used to resize other blocks in a content area. As the Spacer Block is resized, the surrounding content will adjust accordingly.
To resize a Spacer Block vertically, click on it, then drag the resize handle up or down.
To resize a Spacer Block horizontally, click on it, then drag the resize cursor left or right.
Spacer Blocks only appear on mobile for certain templates. This list groups templates by family.
- Brine, Clay, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Lincoln, Marta, Mercer, Mojave, Motto, Nueva, Rally, Rover, Sonora, Thorne
- Farro, Haute
- Pacific, Bryler, Charlotte, Fulton, Horizon, Naomi