Use Appointment Scheduling Blocks to share your scheduling page from Squarespace Scheduling so visitors can book appointments without leaving your site.
You'll need a Scheduling account to use this block. To learn more and sign up, visit Getting Started with Squarespace Scheduling. If you use Acuity Scheduling separate from Squarespace, you can also use this block to share your Acuity scheduler. This guide covers both options.
Share from Squarespace Scheduling
To add the Appointment Scheduling Block:
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Appointment Scheduling from the menu. For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the scheduling page, calendar, or appointment type you want to display.
- Click Apply.
Here's an example of an Appointment Scheduling Block displaying all public appointment types:
Share from Acuity Scheduling
To share from a separate Acuity account, first copy your Acuity URL:
- Go to acuityscheduling.com and log into your Acuity account.
- Click Scheduling Page Link in the sidebar.
- Copy the link beneath General Scheduling Page to embed your scheduling page.
- Click through other link types under Direct Links & Embedding to embed buttons and other widgets.
For more help with these links, visit the Acuity documentation.
When you have the Acuity URL ready, add an Appointment Scheduling Block to any page:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Appointment Scheduling from the menu. For help, visit Adding blocks.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Custom Link.
- Paste your Acuity URL in the Acuity Scheduling Page Link field.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Can I change the design?
Yes. You can customize the design of your scheduling page in the Scheduling panel:
- From the Home menu, click Scheduling.
- Click Customize Appearance.
- Click Scheduling Page Options.
- Use the checkboxes to customize the appearance, using the live preview on the right as your guide.
To customize an Acuity Scheduling page, visit Acuity’s documentation.
Does Squarespace charge transaction fees for bookings?
No. Appointment Scheduling Blocks are separate from Commerce, so purchases aren't subject to Squarespace transaction fees.
Can I use the Appointment Scheduling Block with the free Acuity Scheduling plan?
Acuity’s basic, free plan (“Freebie”) doesn’t support embedded calendars. To use Appointment Scheduling Blocks, you’ll need to be on a different plan.
All Squarespace Scheduling plans support the Appointment Scheduling Block.