You can add Pin It buttons to your site to encourage visitors to share your content on Pinterest. Pin It buttons appear when hovering over images in Image Blocks, products, blog posts, and certain Gallery Blocks.
Note: On Pinterest, Pin It buttons are now called Save buttons.
Before you begin
- If a product in a pin has variants, the lowest price will display in the pin.
- By enabling Pin It buttons, you agree to Pinterest's developer terms.
- Rich Pins are Pinterest Pins that include extra information, like a product's price and your site title. Validate your domain with Pinterest to enable Rich Pins for your site.
- Pins from a Blog Page are more likely to show an accurate image when a visitor pins from the individual post, rather than the main Blog Page. You can encourage this by using excerpts.
Where Pin It buttons display
When enabled, Pin It buttons can display over:
- Image and Gallery Blocks in Blog Pages
- Image and Gallery Blocks in Regular Pages (Slideshow, Stacked, and Grid designs)
- Images in Products Pages
Pin It buttons never display over:
- Gallery Page images
- Gallery Blocks using the Carousel design
- Summary Block images
- Product Block images
- Videos added to a Gallery Page, Gallery Block, or Video Block
- Image lightboxes
- Any images smaller than 119px × 119px
Step 1 - Enable the Pin It button
In the Home Menu, click Settings, click Marketing, and then click Pin It Buttons.
From the drop-down menu, select where the Pin It button will appear on your site:
- Select Enabled for Blogs to add the buttons to Image Blocks and Gallery Blocks in blog posts only.
- Select Enabled for Blogs, Pages and Products to add the buttons to Image Blocks, Gallery Blocks, and Product Page images.
Note: On Blog Pages, Pin It buttons only appear on Image Blocks and Gallery Blocks within post content. They won't appear on thumbnail images.
Step 2 - Style the button
After selecting an option, additional style options will appear. Customize these options using the drop-down menus. As you select from different options, a preview of a Pin It button appears below.
- Size - Small or Large
- Shape - Rectangle or Circle
- Color - Gray, Red, or White (background color, not text color)
When you're done customizing your Pin It button, click Save.
Note: To add Pinterest sharing for other content, use Share buttons.
Enabling Rich Pins
After you add Pin It buttons to your site, you can enable Rich Pins. On Pinterest, Rich Pins display more information from your Squarespace site, like product price and site title.
To learn how to enable Rich Pins, visit Enabling Rich Pins for your site.