Use OpenTable Blocks to add restaurant reservation booking to your site. Since OpenTable Blocks are designed to match the look of your site, it's a great alternative to OpenTable's reservation widget.
To get started, you'll need your OpenTable Restaurant ID. If your restaurant isn't in the OpenTable network, you can register here.
OpenTable Blocks are a Premium feature available in Business and Commerce plans.
Before you begin
- Bookings made through the OpenTable Block may be subject to OpenTable's regular reservation fees. For more information, contact OpenTable's support.
- You can add one OpenTable Block per page. To add restaurant booking for multiple restaurants, try organizing your site so each location has its own page. Alternatively, you can add OpenTable's multi-restaurant reservation code to a Code Block. As a note, we can't offer support for any custom code on your site.
- While you can add the OpenTable block to any page or blog post, we recommend adding it to your homepage, a footer, or its own "Reservations" page in your Main Navigation.
- Since OpenTable Blocks contain built-in embed code, they may not display as visitors see them when you're editing and previewing in the Pages panel. To preview the block, log out or open the page in an incognito window.
Note: This guide covers the latest version of OpenTable Blocks, which expanded the language, design and styling options. If you added OpenTable Blocks before November 16, 2017, delete them and add new blocks to see the latest features.
Supported countries and languages
OpenTable Blocks are optimized for restaurants in these countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
You can select one of these languages when setting up OpenTable Blocks:
Add an OpenTable Block
To add an OpenTable Block:
- Click Edit on a page or post.
- Click an insert point. For more details on these first steps, visit Adding blocks.
- Select OpenTable from the menu.
- In the Content tab of the OpenTable Block, enter your OpenTable Restaurant ID.
- Select the OpenTable domain for your country from the Location (Domain) drop-down menu.
- Select your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Use the Design tab to customize what shows in the block.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Customize what shows in the block
In the Design tab of OpenTable Blocks, you can customize what displays.
- Check Hide Title to remove the "Make a Reservation" text.
- Check Hide Icons to remove the icons in the reservation drop-down menus.
- Check Hide OpenTable Logo to remove the OpenTable logo.
Style the block
You can change the OpenTable Block's appearance in Site Styles. To find the block's style tweaks, open the Site Styles panel while on a page with an OpenTable Block.
- Open Table Background Color - Change the background color. The text will become lighter and darker automatically to maintain contrast with the background color.
- Heading 1 - Change the font and color of "Make a Reservation" text. Different Heading 1 tweaks may appear in different Site Styles sections.
Depending on your style tweaks, OpenTable Blocks look like the example below.
When visitors click Find a Table, a window opens where they can complete the reservation.
If you're building a restaurant website, you may want to use Menu Blocks to add menus to your site.