Use OpenTable Blocks to add restaurant reservation booking to your site. We recommend adding the OpenTable Block to your homepage, footer, or its own Reservations page in your Main Navigation.
To get started, you'll need your OpenTable Restaurant ID. If your restaurant isn't on OpenTable yet, register here.
OpenTable Blocks are a Premium feature available in Business and Commerce plans.
Before you begin
- Bookings made through the OpenTable Block may be subject to OpenTable's fees. For more information, contact OpenTable's support.
- This guide covers the latest version of OpenTable Blocks. If you added the block before November 16, 2017, delete it and replace it with a new block to see the latest features.
Supported countries and languages
OpenTable Blocks are optimized for restaurants in these countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
You can select one of these languages when setting up OpenTable Blocks:
Add an OpenTable Block
To add an OpenTable Block:
- Edit a page, footer, or post, click an insert point, and select OpenTable from the menu. For help, visit Adding content with blocks.
- In the Content tab of the OpenTable Block, enter your OpenTable Restaurant ID.
- Select the OpenTable domain for your country from the Location (Domain) drop-down menu.
- Select your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Use the Design tab to customize what shows in the block.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Customize what shows in the block
In the Design tab, you can customize what displays in the block:
- Check Hide Title to remove the "Make a Reservation" text.
- Check Hide Icons to remove the icons in the reservation drop-down menus.
- Check Hide OpenTable Logo to remove the OpenTable logo.
Style the block
To customize the block's appearance:
To style the block's fonts:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then Fonts.
- Click on your selected font pack, then Headings.
- Use the tweaks to style the OpenTable Block's title font. The block's font size follows the Heading 3 tweak.
- Click Save.
To style the block's colors:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then Colors.
- Click the pencil icon on your selected color theme.
- Use the Open Table Background Color tweak to change the block's background color. The block's title color follows the Paragraph (Medium) tweak.
- Click Save.
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then Site Styles.
- Find the corresponding style tweaks.
- Click Save after making changes.
Use these style tweaks to change the block's appearance:
- Open Table Background Color - Change the background color. The text will become lighter and darker automatically so it contrasts with the background color.
- Heading 1 - Change the font and color of "Make a Reservation" text.
OpenTable Blocks look like the example below, depending on how you styled it. When visitors click Find a Table, a window opens where they can complete the reservation.
If you're building a restaurant website, you may want to use Menu Blocks to add menus to your site.
I can't see the OpenTable Block
OpenTable Blocks might not display correctly to you when you're logged in because our integration recognizes the booking widget as code. To preview the block, log out or open the page in an incognito window.
Can I add more than one OpenTable Block to a page?
We recommend only adding one OpenTable Block per page. If you add more than one page, neither will work correctly.
To add booking for multiple restaurants, there are a few other options:
- Put each restaurant/location on its own page in your navigation.
- Add OpenTable's multi-restaurant reservation code to a Code Block. As a note, we can't offer support for any custom code on your site.