By connecting your Facebook account to your Squarespace site, you can display social icons, share content from Squarespace to Facebook, and add Squarespace tabs to your Facebook page. This guide explores different ways you can use Facebook with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Watch a video
Connect your Facebook account
Tip: If you're setting this up for someone else or have multiple Facebook accounts, log out of Facebook to ensure you connect the right account. If you're already logged in, that account will connect by default.
Before you start using Facebook with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select Facebook from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your Facebook username and password.
- Click Okay to authorize Squarespace to post to your Facebook profile and pages. We'll never post anything to Facebook without your permission—this authorization adds an option to create a new post when you publish new content.
To connect multiple Facebook accounts, log out of Facebook. Return to the Social Accounts menu and repeat Steps 5 and 6.
Add a social icon
You can add a Facebook social icon that links to your Facebook profile.
- In Connected Accounts, click your Facebook account to open Facebook Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
The Profile URL is automatically set to lead to your Facebook profile. To link to a Facebook page for your business or brand, follow the steps in Troubleshooting Facebook sharing issues to change the default Profile URL.
After connecting Facebook to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most, but not all, templates. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Add a Share button
To help visitors share your content on Facebook, you can add a Facebook Share button to the following content:
- Album Pages
- Events Pages
- Gallery Pages
- Regular Pages
- Blog post
- Product items
In some templates, the Facebook Share button displays as a Like icon, and doesn't post content directly to visitors' Facebook Timelines. Learn more in Adding Share buttons.
Push content to Facebook automatically
You can share the following content on Facebook as you publish it:
- Blog posts
- Gallery images
- Gallery videos
- Audio tracks
- Product items
- Events Pages
To learn more about pushing content to Facebook and customizing your posts, visit Sharing content on social media.
Add Squarespace tabs to Facebook
You can add Squarespace tabs to a Facebook page connected to your Squarespace account. These tabs display content from a regular Page or Gallery Page. To learn more, visit Adding Squarespace tabs to Facebook.
Connect a Facebook business or brand page
You can connect a Facebook page for your business, brand, or organization to your Squarespace site.
- To link your social icon to your brand's Facebook page, follow the steps in Troubleshooting Facebook sharing issues to change the default Profile URL.
- To push content to your brand's Facebook page, visit Sharing content on social media to change your push target.
- To make your Facebook posts look like they came from your Facebook page, rather than your Squarespace site, follow the steps in Sharing content on social media to impersonate your Facebook page.
Connect Facebook Pixel
Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool for advertising. It tracks visitor actions on your site and uses that data to inform future ad campaigns. To learn more, visit Using Facebook Pixel with Squarespace.
For help with troubleshooting common issues with Facebook, visit Troubleshooting Facebook sharing issues.