Button Blocks add buttons or calls to action to your site. Button Blocks can link to your content, external content, or downloadable files.
Watch a video
Add the Button Block
- Click Edit on a page or post.
- Click an insert point or the + icon.
- Select Button from the menu. For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
- In the Text box, enter text for the button label.
Tip: We recommend keeping button text under 25 characters. Longer text can interfere with the button's design and may be cut off on narrower displays. It can also make buttons in the same row overlap or display unevenly. Buttons are best when they use short text to encourage an action. For longer text, you can create a text link.
- Click Click to add URL... to choose where visitors will go when click the button. Link to an external site, a file, or content on your site. For more help, visit Adding links to your site.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Style the button
Use the Button Block editor to change the button size and alignment:
- From the Size drop-down, choose Large, Medium, or Small.
- From the Alignment drop-down, choose Right, Left, or Center.
Use the Site Styles panel to change the button design, including its color and shape. To learn more, visit Styling buttons.
Track button clicks
Use Form & Button Conversions to see how many visitors click your calls to action. You can track your button conversion rate, which compares the number of views a button received with the number of clicks it got.