The RSS Block adds a link to an RSS feed of your Blog Page. It includes an RSS icon and the Blog Page's title. Clicking the icon opens a new page with the blog's RSS feed. Visitors can copy and paste its URL into any RSS reader. It's common to place this block in a sidebar.
Step 1 - Add the RSS Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select RSS from the menu. For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
- In the RSS Block editor, select the Blog Page to feature in the feed.
- Click Apply.
Step 2 - Add a replacement FeedBurner URL (optional)
We recommend adding a FeedBurner URL to your Blog Page so clicking the RSS Block opens a FeedBurner page instead of an .xml file. This looks a little cleaner than a standard RSS feed page and makes it easier for visitors to add your feed to their readers.
To add a replacement URL:
- Visit https://feedburner.google.com and log in with a Google account.
- Enter your blog or RSS URL. For help, visit Finding your RSS URL.
- Click Next.
- Enter a title and URL for your feed.
- Click Next again, then copy your Feedburner URL.
- On your Squarespace site, hover over the Blog Page title, and click the next to the title to open Blog Page Settings.
- Cick the Syndication tab.
- Paste your Feedburner URL in the RSS Feed Replacement URL box.
- Click Save.
Tip: To create an email newsletter from your blog posts, visit Adding email subscriptions to your blog.