Rename your domain within five days, or cancel the domain and register a new one.
You can change your new Squarespace domain name within five days of registration. This involves canceling the domain immediately and replacing it with a new domain name. After five days, your domain name is permanent and can't be renamed.
We measure this five-day grace period to the minute. For example, if you registered a domain at 8:00am on January 1, you can cancel until January 6 at 7:59am.
Before you begin
- A primary domain can't be removed. To remove your primary domain, first set a different domain as the primary domain. You can always change this later.
- There is no five-day grace period or refund for most country code top-level domains (ccTLD), such as .co.uk or .de. For more information on specific ccTLDs, visit Domain TLD list.
- If the domain is past the five-day grace period, you can switch to a different primary domain instead. Follow our steps for maintaining your online following after changing your domain.
Step 1 - Cancel the domain immediately
If you purchased the domain within the past five days, you can cancel the domain immediately:
- Open the Domains panel.
- Click the domain you'd like to change.
- Click ..., then click Cancel Domain.
After canceling the domain, you'll receive a refund and the domain will no longer point to your site. To learn more about refunds, visit Refund policies.