Physical products are merchandise, apparel, and other physical goods you sell and ship to customers.
If you sell physical products, you'll need to add at least one shipping option to your store. You can add tracking numbers to email notifications so customers can track their shipments.
You can sell a physical product as a one-time purchase or a subscription.
Tip: For ebooks, .mp3s, and other digital downloads, visit Digital products. For events, classes, and services, visit Service products.
Commerce is a Premium feature available in the current Website Business plan and higher:
- Available in: All Business and Commerce plans
- Available in: Legacy Personal plan (no longer available for new subscriptions)
- Not available in: Current Personal plan
- Trial: You can add products during a trial.
To learn more, visit Premium features.
Step 1 - Select the product type
When adding a new product, select Physical.
Step 2 - Edit the product information
Use the Name, Image, and Description fields to add information for your product.
Click the Upload images arrow in the image field or drag and drop images from a folder on your computer to add images for the product. You can add multiple images.
Note: Multiple images will display as thumbnails. This design can be customized in the Site Styles panel. It's not possible to associate specific images with variants. Selecting a variant from a drop-down menu won't change the featured image.
Step 3 - Add tags and categories
Use Tags + and Categories + to organize your products with tags and categories.
After adding categories to products, the categories create automatic navigation on your Products Pages. This option can be enabled and disabled in the Site Styles panel. The style of this navigation varies by template. To learn more, visit Organizing products.
- Tags must be 80 characters or fewer.
- Categories must be 25 characters or fewer.
- Tags and categories are case-sensitive. For example, entering Apples, apples, and APPLES creates three tags or categories.
- Tags and categories appear in alphabetical order.
Step 4 - Edit pricing and variants
Click the Pricing & Variants tab to define attributes for your product.
You can define each of the following options:
- SKU - This is the inventory identifier for your product. Squarespace creates one automatically, but you can change it to a SKU that matches your inventory scheme. SKUs must be 20 characters or fewer. A single product can have up to 100 SKUs using variants.
- Pricing - Set the price customers will pay for the product with additional options for sale pricing.
- Stock - The number of units available with an option to set an Unlimited stock value.
- Weight - Set the Shipping weight for each item.
- Dimensions - Set the Shipping dimensions for each item.
Note: If the Stock is one, the Quantity field won't appear on the product's item page.
Tip: You can change the measurement standard for your store in Language and Region Settings.
Weight & Dimensions
Set weight and dimensions for a product to ship using Carrier Calculated Rates via USPS. To learn more, visit Using carrier-calculated rates via USPS.
The weight of an item also affects your shipping prices if you use the Depending on Weight shipping option. To learn more, visit Setting up shipping rates.
When adding product weights and dimensions, you'll see an error if your product is larger or heavier than your shipping carrier's package size limits. To resolve this, see Shipping oversized items.
Variants are used to create additional options for a product, like different colors, sizes, or designs.One product can have up to 100 variants. For help with this, visit Adding basic product variants.
Step 5 - Create a subscription (optional)
If you're eligible, you can sell the product on a recurring basis. Select Subscription product and customize the subscription renewal details. Customers who buy subscription products save their billing and shipping information, and are charged automatically when their subscription renews. To learn more, visit Subscription products.
Step 6 - Save
Click Save & Publish to publish the product to your Products Page. This sets the product as available for purchase.
Tip: If you're adding a product that isn't available for purchase yet, click Save (but not Save & Publish) to keep the product Hidden until you're ready to list it. For more information, visit Scheduling products.
To sell Physical Products, set at least one shipping method for your store. To learn more, visit Setting up shipping rates.
Note: Shipping methods can't be assigned to specific products at this time.
Beyond the basics, you can add more to your product for further customization, including detailed descriptions, a custom form, images, and custom buttons. To learn more, visit Adding additional information to products.