In this guide, you'll learn how to reset your Squarespace password if you forgot it. After creating a new password, you'll use it to log into any Squarespace site connected to your account.
Before you begin
- Log out of all Squarespace sites before clicking the password reset link.
- If you know your password and want to update it, visit Changing your account password.
Reset your password
- Go to squarespace.com/login.
- Below the login fields, click Recover Account.
- Enter the email address you used to create your site, then click Send Recovery Email. If you don't remember which email address you used, try any email address you may have. You can also recover your email address from this page.
- You’ll receive a password recovery email from from [email protected] If you don't get this email in a few minutes, see the next section.
- Click Reset Password in the email.
Tip: If you logged into Squarespace recently, you might want to open the reset password link in a private or Incognito window to avoid login conflicts.
- You'll be directed to a password reset page. Enter a new password, and click Update.
- Your new password will apply to all sites associated with your Squarespace account.
Note: If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you'll need to enter an authentication code to reset your password.
Fixing password reset email issues
Here's how to prevent and fix common issues that can happen with the password reset email:
- If you don't get this email in a few minutes, check your Spam or Junk folder.
- If it's not in your Spam or Junk folder, contact us and we can ensure you get it.
- If you requested a password reset multiple times, only the most recent reset email will work. To avoid clicking the wrong one, it may help to delete all previous password reset emails.