When you create a Squarespace account, you set an email address and password to serve as your login credentials. This guide explains how to change or reset this password.
Your new password will apply to all sites associated with your Squarespace account.
Before you begin
- If you log in through Facebook, Google, or Twitter, change your password through the social account you use to log in, or change your Squarespace login method.
- To better protect your account and site, see our tips for choosing a strong password.
- Account passwords must be between 6 and 40 characters.
If you're logged into your account
To change your password while logged into your Squarespace account:
- Click this link to open your Account & Security settings.
- In Account & Security settings, click Change Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Click Save.
If you're locked out of your account
To reset your password if you’re locked out of your account:
- Go to squarespace.com/login
- Below the login fields, click Forgot login?
- Enter the email address you used to create your site, then click Send Email. If you don't remember which email address you used, try any email address you may have. You can also recover your email address.
- You’ll receive a password recovery email from from email@example.com. If you don't get this email in a few minutes, see our tips below.
- Click Password Reset in the email.
Tip: If the email address shown on the password reset page isn't the one that received the password reset email, open the password reset link in a private window.
- You'll be directed to a password reset page. Enter a new password, and click Save. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you'll need to enter an authentication code after clicking Save.
Fixing password reset email issues
Here's how to prevent and fix common issues that can happen with the password reset email:
- If you don't get this email in a few minutes, check your Spam or Junk folder.
- If it's not in your Spam or Junk folder, contact us, and we can ensure you get it.
- If you requested a password reset multiple times, only the most recent reset email will work. To avoid clicking the wrong one, it may help to delete all previous password reset emails.
Password-protect your site content
In addition to your account password, you can set page-specific or site-wide passwords to hide your content behind a lock screen. These passwords are managed separately from your Squarespace account password.