ShipStation is web-based software that prints shipping labels for all major carriers. It can help you save time on fulfilling orders and offers discounted rates on specific carriers like FedEx.
ShipStation is a paid service starting at $9 per month. The integration is only available on the Commerce Basic and Advanced plans to merchants shipping from Australia, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Billing for your ShipStation account is handled directly through ShipStation, not Squarespace.
What can I do with ShipStation?
Using ShipStation with Squarespace will allow you to automatically:
- Pull orders into ShipStation, and batch-print FedEx, UPS, and USPS labels.
- Mark orders as fulfilled in Squarespace when you print labels and mark orders as shipped in ShipStation.
- Send customers Squarespace's Order Fulfilled emails when you mark orders as shipped in ShipStation.
- Add package tracking numbers to order summaries and email notifications in Squarespace.
- Connect to fulfillment services like ShipWire or Fulfillment by Amazon.
Order information sent to ShipStation
Squarespace sends the following information to ShipStation for all orders, including test orders:
- Product title
- Product image
- Order total
- Order date
- Customer email address
- Customer name and address
- Custom checkout form information (appears in ShipStation's Notes section)
- You must set up shipping rates from your Squarespace Commerce settings. Your ShipStation rates don't connect to your site automatically.
- Weights for Squarespace products don't currently support ounces. If you're using decimals to enter your product weights into Squarespace, you'll need to manually adjust the weights in ShipStation to match their weight entry format.
Connect ShipStation to your store
To connect to ShipStation:
- If you haven’t already, sign up for ShipStation. ShipStation is a paid service, but you can sign up for a 30-day free trial.
- In the Squarespace Home Menu, click Commerce, and then click Shipping.
- Scroll down to Shipping Automation and click Connect ShipStation.
- In the Connect ShipStation window, click Create a ShipStation Account or Log In to ShipStation if you already have an account.
- Once you're logged into ShipStation, return to the Squarespace panel and click Next.
- Click Click Here to manage your ShipStation account.
- In ShipStation's interface, click Connect a selling channel.
- Scroll down and click the Squarespace tile.
- You'll be prompted to enter your Site ID and Connection Key. Leave this blank.
- Back in your Squarespace account, click Next, and our system will automatically generate the text for these fields.
- Paste your Squarespace Domain into the Site ID field in ShipStation.
- Paste your Generated Password into the Connection Key field in ShipStation.
- Click Test Connection to ensure that your credentials are entered correctly, then click Finish.
- After clicking Finish, enter your store information on ShipStation.
- Once you've entered your store information, return to your Squarespace account and click Connect.
Ship your orders
Sync orders and create shipping labels
Note: Per ShipStation's instructions, you should always manually update your orders each time you log in to your Shipstation account. ShipStation pulls pending orders from the last 14 days. When you first connect, ShipStation won't pull any pending orders that are older than 14 days.
- In ShipStation, click the Refresh icon at the top of the page to pull your orders from Squarespace.
- When you're ready to ship your order, click the Orders tab, check the orders you want to ship, and then click Create Labels.
- Enter shipping details for the order, and then click Create Label.
What happens next
- The respective order in Squarespace will be automatically marked as Fulfilled and moved to the Fulfilled tab in the Orders panel.
- The Order Summary includes the tracking number for the parcel.
- Squarespace will automatically send the Shipping Notification email to the customer. The email includes the tracking number for the parcel.
Tip: If new orders don't appear in ShipStation, click Reset connection below ShipStation in the Squarespace shipping panel to reconnect your site.
Connect to a fulfillment service
A fulfillment service is a third-party company that packages and ships orders for you. You can use Shipstation to connect to Shipwire and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), which lets you sell physical products without the overhead of renting warehouse space and hiring a shipping team.
Follow ShipStation’s instructions for connecting Shipwire or Amazon FBA in your ShipStation account:
Tip: To learn about other fulfillment services you can connect to Squarespace, visit Connecting to a fulfillment service.
How it works
- When your store receives a new order, the fulfillment service will automatically process and ship it.
- When the fulfillment status changes to Shipped in ShipStation, the order will automatically change to Fulfilled in Squarespace.
- Squarespace will send the "Order Fulfilled" email to the customer. The email includes a tracking number if provided by the fulfillment service.
Cancelling an order sent to a fulfillment service
When you cancel an order in Squarespace, the order will also be cancelled in your ShipStation account. ShipStation will attempt to notify your fulfillment provider to cancel the fulfillment. However, the ability to successfully cancel shipping through the fulfillment service depends on how soon that fulfillment service processes it.
It's like placing an order on Amazon: there's a very small window allowed for cancellation since fulfillment services typically ship orders very quickly. This timing is out of Squarespace's control.
Learn more about cancelling a fulfillment in ShipStation’s documentation.
Who to contact for support
Contact Squarespace Customer Care for help with:
- Connecting ShipStation to your site.
Contact ShipStation for help with:
- Using Shipwire, Amazon FBA, and other fulfillment services. We're unable to support issues unrelated to the direct connection between Squarespace and ShipStation. For further assistance, contact ShipStation or visit their documentation.