We updated our ShipStation extension. If you connected your site to ShipStation before March 31, 2020, ShipStation won't sync with your Squarespace site until you reconnect your site through Squarespace Extensions.
ShipStation is web-based software that prints shipping labels for all major carriers. It can help you save time on fulfilling orders and offers discounted rates on specific carriers like FedEx. You can connect your site to ShipStation in Squarespace Extensions.
ShipStation is a paid service starting at $9 per month, but you can test it out by signing up for a 30-day free trial. Billing for your ShipStation account is handled directly through ShipStation, not Squarespace.
The extension is only available to merchants shipping from Australia, Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
What can I do with ShipStation?
Connecting ShipStation with Squarespace will automatically:
- Pull orders into ShipStation, and batch-print FedEx, UPS, and USPS labels.
- Mark orders as fulfilled in Squarespace when you print labels and mark orders as shipped in ShipStation.
- Send customers Squarespace's Order Fulfilled emails when you mark orders as shipped in ShipStation.
- Add package tracking numbers to order summaries and email notifications in Squarespace.
- Connect to fulfillment services like ShipWire or Fulfillment by Amazon.
Order information sent to ShipStation
Squarespace sends the following information to ShipStation for all orders, including test orders:
- Product title
- Product image
- Order total
- Order date
- Customer email address
- Customer name and address
- Custom checkout form information (appears in ShipStation's Notes section)
Keep in mind, if your customer applies a shipping discount to their order, the summary in Shipstation for that order shows the full shipping rate instead of the discounted shipping amount.
Note: You must set up shipping rates from your Squarespace Commerce settings. Your ShipStation rates don't connect to your site automatically.
Connect ShipStation to your store
After you've signed up for ShipStation:
- Go to Squarespace Extensions.
- Click ShipStation.
- Click Connect to site.
- Log in and select your site.
- Click Allow to grant ShipStation permission to connect to Squarespace.
- Follow the steps from ShipStation to complete the setup.
Ship your orders
Sync orders and create shipping labels
- When you first connect, ShipStation won't pull any pending orders that are older than 14 days.
- There may be a delay between the time an order is made and when it appears in ShipStation. If recent orders don't appear in ShipStation, click the Refresh icon to pull them in.
- In ShipStation, click the Refresh icon at the top of the page to pull your orders from Squarespace.
- When you're ready to ship your order, click the Orders tab, check the orders you want to ship, and then click Create Labels.
- Enter shipping details for the order, and then click Create Label.
What happens next
- The respective order in Squarespace will be automatically marked as Fulfilled and moved to the Fulfilled tab in the Orders panel.
- The Order Summary includes the tracking number for the parcel.
- Squarespace will automatically send the Shipping Notification email to the customer. The email includes the tracking number for the parcel.
Tip: If new orders don't appear in ShipStation, disconnect and reconnect the extension to reset the connection.
Connect to a fulfillment service
A fulfillment service is a third-party company that packages and ships orders for you. You can use ShipStation to connect to Shipwire and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), which lets you sell physical products without the overhead of renting warehouse space and hiring a shipping team.
Follow ShipStation’s instructions for connecting Shipwire or Amazon FBA in your ShipStation account:
Tip: To learn about other fulfillment services you can connect to Squarespace, visit Connecting to a fulfillment service.
How it works
- When your store receives a new order, the fulfillment service will automatically process and ship it.
- When the fulfillment status changes to Shipped in ShipStation, the order will automatically change to Fulfilled in Squarespace.
- Squarespace will send the "Order Fulfilled" email to the customer. The email includes a tracking number if provided by the fulfillment service.
Cancelling an order sent to a fulfillment service
When you cancel an order in Squarespace, the order will also be cancelled in your ShipStation account. ShipStation will attempt to notify your fulfillment provider to cancel the fulfillment. However, the ability to successfully cancel shipping through the fulfillment service depends on how soon that fulfillment service processes it.
It's like placing an order on Amazon: there's a very small cancellation window since fulfillment services typically ship orders very quickly. This timing is out of Squarespace's control.
Learn more about cancelling a fulfillment in ShipStation’s documentation.
Who to contact for support
For help connecting ShipStation to your Squarespace site, contact us for help. For anything else about ShipStation, contact ShipStation for help. This includes using Shipwire, Amazon FBA, and other fulfillment services. We're unable to support issues unrelated to the direct connection between Squarespace and ShipStation.