To see a list of available platform logos and if your site displays additional built-in icons, visit Adding social icons.
Tip: To help you get started, your site might include a Social Links Block in its demo content. To customize the block, click it, then click Edit or the pencil icon.
Watch a video
Before you begin
The Content tab of Social Links Blocks reflects the information added to the Social Links panel of your site. When you update the social links in a Social Links Block, they also update in the Social Links panel.
Because of this, all Social Links Blocks show the same social icons. If you add or remove a social link in one Social Links Block, all other Social Links Blocks on your site will reflect the change. It's not possible to have Social Links Blocks display different social icons.
Add a Social Links Block
To add a Social Links Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, then click Social Links. For help, visit Adding content with blocks.
- In the block editor, add or edit social icons.
- Use the Design tab to change the design of the social links.
Add or edit social icons
Add a new social icon in the Content tab:
- Click Add Social Link.
- Copy and paste a URL for a profile page or email address in the blank field.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
To change the order of the icons, click and drag the icon to the left of an account. To remove an account, click the account, click Delete Social Account, then click Confirm. Alternatively, you can temporarily hide an account by switching the Display Social Icon toggle off.
You can also add and edit social icons in the Social Links panel of your site. Keep in mind, any changes made in the Social Links panel affect all the Social Links Blocks on your site, and vice versa.
Change the design
Customize the design of the icons using the following settings in the Design tab:
Tip: These settings don't affect built-in social icons, which have their own style settings.
Change the shape of the border surrounding the icons. Choose from:
If you choose to give the icons a border, you can style it further. Choose from:
Change the alignment of the icons relative to the block's container. Choose from:
Change the icon size. Choose from:
Change the color of the icons
You can change the colors of the icons in a Social Links Block to fit with your site's branding. Your options vary depending on your site's version.
To change the icon colors:
- While editing a page, open Site Styles, then click Colors.
- Click the pencil icon on your Social Link Block's theme.
- Scroll down to Social Links Block.
- Use Main Color to change the color of the social icons. If you're using a Solid border for the icons, you can also use the Secondary Color tweak.
- Hover over Done and click Save.
It's not possible to use the default colors of each service's branding.
- Click Edit on the page with the Social Links Block, then click Edit on the block.
- Click the Design panel.
- Under Color, choose from Black, White, or Standard. With Standard, each icon matches the service's branding. For example, the Facebook icon will be blue.