To see a list of available platform logos and if your template displays additional built-in icons, visit Adding social icons.
Tip: To help you get started, your template might include a Social Links Block in its demo content. To customize the block, hover over it and click Edit or the pencil icon.
Before you begin
The Accounts tab of Social Links Blocks reflects the information added to the Social Links panel of your site. When you update the social links in a Social Links Block, they also update in the Social Links panel.
Because of this, all Social Links Blocks show the same social icons. If you add or remove a social link in one Social Links Block, all other Social Links Blocks on your site will reflect the change. It's not possible to have Social Links Blocks display different social icons.
Add a Social Links Block
To add a Social Links Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Social Links from the menu. For help, visit Adding blocks.
- In the block editor, add or edit social icons.
- Use the Design tab to change the design of the social links.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Add or edit social icons
Add a new social icon in the Accounts tab:
- Copy and paste a URL for a profile page or email address in the Add a social link or email box.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
To remove an account, click the account, click Remove, then click Confirm. To change the order of the icons, drag and drop the accounts.
You can also add and edit social icons in the Social Links panel of your site. Keep in mind, any changes made in the Social Links panel affect all the Social Links Blocks on your site, and vice versa.
Change the design
Customize the design of the icons using the following settings in the Design tab:
Tip: These settings don't affect built-in social icons, which have their own style settings.
Change the alignment of the icons relative to the block's container. Choose from:
Change the icon size. Choose from:
Change the style or shape of the icons. Choose from:
|Color (version 7.0 only)||
Change the background color of the icons. Choose from:
Change the color of the icons in version 7.1
If your site is on version 7.1, follow these steps to change the color of your social icons (instead of the Design tab of the block editor):
- In the Home Menu, click Design, then click Colors.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the panel, or click the pencil icon on your selected theme.
- Scroll down to Social Links Block.
- Use Main Color to change the color of the social icons. If you're using a Solid style for the icons, you can also use the Secondary Color tweak.
- Click Save.