Featured posts highlight blog posts you want to bring to your visitor's attention. You can display featured posts in a stylish layout using the Summary Block.
In the Bedford template family, featured posts create a slideshow in the Blog Page's header.
Watch a video
This video applies to version 7.0.
How featured posts display
The Summary Block has a filter option that displays featured posts only. This is available in all templates.
Blog Page header
Templates in the Bedford family display a slideshow of featured posts in the Blog Page header. To learn more, visit the Bedford template guide.
Set a post as featured
To enable the Featured Post setting:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages, then select the Blog Page you want to edit.
- Hover over the blog post you want to set as featured and click Edit.
- If your site is on version 7.1, click in the top-right corner.
- Click the Options tab, then check Featured Post at the bottom of the blog post editor.
- Click Save.
- Tap Pages, then tap the Blog Page you want to edit.
- Tap the blog post you want to set as featured, then click the ... or in the top-right corner.
- Under Options, switch the Featured Post toggle on.
- Tap Save at the top of the screen.
Display featured posts in the Summary Block (computer only)
Add a Summary Block to display featured posts in a sidebar, footer, or Layout Page.
In the Summary Block Editor, click Display, then check Featured Filter. Click Apply.
Here's an example Grid Summary Block showing featured posts: