The Line Block adds a horizontal line (
<hr> in HTML) between blocks on your site. This is a great way to break up text or visually separate content on pages, posts, sidebars, and footers.
Note: Line Blocks don't add a vertical lines. To add a vertical line, create an image of a line in an image editor outside of Squarespace, and then upload it to an Image Block.
Add the Line Block
To add a Line Block:
- Click Edit on a page or blog post.
- Click an Insert Point or the + icon.
- Select Line from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Move the Line Block
Click and drag the Line Block to move it. Insert marks will help with your placement. For more help with placing blocks, visit Moving blocks.
Change the color and transparency
In the templates below, you can change the line color and transparency in Site Styles.
- Changing the Line Block color changes the color of all lines and borders on your site.
- The line's thickness and shape are fixed across templates.
- Some templates, such as Avenue and Ishimoto, have Page Border Color tweaks that don't affect Line Blocks.
Use this list to find the Site Styles tweak for changing the color in each template. Templates are grouped by family.
Aria, Basil, Blend, Brine, Burke, Cacao, Clay, Ethan, Fairfield, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Impact, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Kin, Maple, Margot, Marta, Mentor, Mercer, Miller, Mojave, Moksha, Motto, Nueva, Pedro, Polaris, Pursuit, Rally, Rover, Royce, Sofia, Sonny, Sonora, Stella, Thorne, Vow, Wav, West
|Five||Lines & Decorations|
Julia, Kent, Montauk, Om
|Page Border Color|
Foundry, Indigo, Ready, Skye, Tudor
|Line Block color changes automatically to be darker or lighter depending on Site Background tweak|