Use Line Blocks to add a horizontal line between blocks on your site. This is a great way to break up text or visually separate content on pages, posts, sidebars, and footers.
Note: Line Blocks don't add vertical lines. To add a vertical line, create an image of a line in an image editor outside of Squarespace, then upload it to an Image Block.
Add a Line Block
To add a Line Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Line from the menu. For help, visit Adding content with blocks.
- Click and drag the Line Block to move it to a different place on the page. Guidelines will help with your placement. For more help with placing blocks, visit Moving blocks.
Change the color
How you change the line's color depends on which version of Squarespace your site is on.
To change the color of Line Blocks on your site:
- While editing a page, open Site Styles, then click Colors.
- Hover over the selected theme and click the pencil icon.
- Under Line Block, click the Line Color tweak.
- In the Palette tab, you can select a color from your palette, or click Custom to select another color.
- Hover over Done and click Save.
You can change the line color in these template families using these style tweaks:
- Brine - Lines
- Farro - Lines
- Five - Lines & Decorations
- Montauk - Page Border Color
- Skye - Color changes automatically to be darker or lighter depending on the Site Background tweak.
Keep in mind:
- The line's thickness and shape are fixed across templates.
- Changing the Line Block color changes the color of all lines and borders on your site.
- Some templates, such as Avenue and Ishimoto, have page border tweaks that don't affect Line Blocks.