Use Line Blocks to add a horizontal line between blocks on your site. This is a great way to break up text or visually separate content on pages, posts, sidebars, and footers.
Note: Line Blocks don't add a vertical lines. To add a vertical line, create an image of a line in an image editor outside of Squarespace, then upload it to an Image Block.
Add a Line Block
To add a Line Block:
- Edit a page or post, click an insert point, and select Line from the menu. For help, visit Adding blocks.
- Click and drag the Line Block to move it to a different place on the page. Guidelines will help with your placement. For more help with placing blocks, visit Moving blocks.
Change the color and transparency
In the templates below, you can change the line color and transparency.
- The line's thickness and shape are fixed across templates.
- Changing the Line Block color changes the color of all lines and borders on your site.
- Some templates, such as Avenue and Ishimoto, have page border tweaks that don't affect Line Blocks.
Use the style tweaks below to change the line color in these template families:
- Brine - Lines
- Farro - Lines
- Five - Lines & Decorations
- Montauk - Page Border Color
- Skye - Color changes automatically to be darker or lighter depending on the Site Background tweak.