Use folders to create drop-down navigation menus (also known as nested pages or sub-menus) on your site.
Note: Nested folders (folders within folders) aren't supported at this time.
Watch a video
Add a folder
- In the Home Menu, click Pages, then click the + icon.
- Select Folder from the New Page menu.
- The folder will appear in the Pages panel with a blank field. Enter a name for the folder to display in the navigation.
Add pages to the folder
Pages you add to the folder appear as drop-down menu items.
To add an existing page to the folder, drag and drop it into the space below the folder. To add a new page to the folder, click Add Page below the folder. To change the order of the pages, drag and drop them within the folder.
You can add any type of page to a folder except an Index Page. To direct visitors to an Index Page, choose Link, click Click to add URL, and use the Content tab to point the link to your Index Page. For more information about configuring links, visit Adding links to your site.
See how your folder appears on your site by clicking the hide arrow to enter a full preview. Each template displays folders differently.
In most template families:
- The folder's links appear when you hover over the folder link.
- Clicking the folder title doesn't open the first page.
- The menu is collapsed on mobile and expands when tapped.
For template-specific information, see Folder display by template.
These template families have notable folder styles that add an extra layer of navigation:
- Adirondack - Folder links create a navigation bar.
- Bedford - Folders create sidebar navigation on Layout Pages.
- Brine - Folders in the footer can create columns.
Many templates display a background color behind the folder drop-downs links. In most templates, this color matches another element on your site, such as the header background or site background.
For a list of the tweaks that set this color, see Folder display by template.
Delete the folder
If you delete a folder, its pages will also be deleted.
To delete a folder:
- Hover over the folder in the Pages panel and click the trash can icon
- Click Delete to confirm.
- Tap the Pages icon.
- Swipe left on the title of the folder you want to delete.
- Tap Delete.
Tip: You can restore the pages within 30 days.