The Markdown Block lets you add text to your site using the Markdown language. The block supports lists, links, bolded and italicized text, and block quotes.
Before you begin
- Visit our Markdown cheat sheet for syntax tips.
- The Markdown Block doesn't support multimarkdown.
- We're unable to offer assistance with custom code, including the Markdown language. Using Markdown with Squarespace is recommended for people already familiar with Markdown language.
Step 1 - Add the Markdown Block
- Open a page or post editor.
- Click an Insert Point or the +.
- Select Markdown from the menu.
- For more detailed steps, visit Adding blocks.
Step 2 - Add Markdown
Add Markdown text in the Edit Markdown window.
Highlight your Markdown text and use the format bar to bold, italicize, link, use headings, blockquote, or create lists.
Step 3 - Use Markdown as your default editor
You can change the default block that appears in pages and posts to a Markdown Block instead of a Text Block:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, click Advanced, and then click Default Text Editor.
- Check Markdown Editor, and then click Save.
My cursor isn't lined up with the text
While editing the Markdown Block, the cursor may sometimes not align with the text. This can occur when first opening the block for editing and clicking into the Edit Markdown window.
To resolve this:
- Click into the Edit Markdown window.
- Press Enter.
- This should realign the cursor with your text.