To limit where you ship products or set shipping fees based on location, follow this guide to create shipping zones. Once your store has shipping zones, customers will see their shipping options after they enter a shipping address. Shipping zones are available for Flat rate and Depending on weight options.
For example, you can offer in-store pickup for customers within your state only. Or, if you sell perishables, you can charge more for long-distance expedited shipping.
Tip: Run a test order to ensure your shipping options are correct.
Before you begin
- Before setting up shipping zones, first create general shipping rules. To learn more, visit Setting up shipping rates.
- Regional shipping zones are only available for states and provinces in the United States and Canada.
- It’s not possible to create shipping zones for specific ZIP codes at this time.
About shipping zones
For each shipping rule you want to apply to a country, state, or province, you’ll add a new shipping option. For each shipping option, you'll choose one or more shipping zones.
For example, if you want to charge $5 to ship to the United States, and $10 to ship anywhere else in the world, you might create:
- One $5 flat rate option with the shipping zones set to United States.
- Another $10 flat rate option with the shipping zones set to Rest of the world.
Choose shipping zones
When creating a new shipping option, you'll be prompted to select shipping zones. Click the search bar under Ships to to open the country drop-down menu.
When choosing a shipping zone, there are two options:
- Ship everywhere - To ship everywhere, choose Rest of the World.
- Ship to specific countries - Search for countries, and add each country where you’ll offer this shipping method. For the United States and Canada, you can choose specific states or provinces.
To modify existing shipping options:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Shipping.
- Open a shipping method and click the Shipping zones tab.
Create shipping zones for states and provinces (optional)
When you add Canada or the United States, the shipping option will apply to all states and provinces automatically. To only apply it to some states and provinces:
- Click Edit and uncheck the areas where the shipping option won’t be available.
- When you’re finished, click Done.
- In the shipping rule panel, click Save.
Tip: Uncheck All States/Provinces to deselect all.