In the Inventory panel and the Squarespace Commerce mobile apps, you can search and manage your product inventory from a single location. In this guide, you'll learn how to view, organize, search, and edit your inventory.
Tip: Use the Squarespace Commerce app to track inventory on your mobile device. The app can automatically send push notifications to your phone when items are out of stock or reach a low inventory threshold. Download: iOS, Android.
Inventory panel vs. Store Pages
On your computer, you can view products in two places: On their individual Store Pages and in the Inventory panel. The Inventory panel shows all products on your site, while a Store Page only displays the particular products added to that page. To add a new product to your site, you'll need to assign it to a Store Page.
In the Squarespace Commerce App, you can view your inventory from the Inventory tab.
Tip: To rearrange how your inventory displays on your site, go to the Store Page.
View your inventory
All published, scheduled, and hidden products in your store appear in the Inventory panel. Deleted products don't appear.
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, then click Inventory. You can also press the ? key while any panel is open and search inventory.
- Click the arrow next to a product name to see its variants.
The current price of each item or variant displays under Price. Sale prices have a Sale badge. The in-stock quantity for each item or variant displays under Stock.
For stock and price levels, sorting is based on variants. For example, if you’re sorting by stock, and one of your variants for a product is out of inventory, the product it belongs to will be at the top of the list.
Tip: Use menu shortcuts to add links to key Commerce panels directly to the Home Menu.
Note: If you have more than 500 products in your inventory (not including variants), the app will only display the first 500, listed alphabetically.
- From the main menu, tap Inventory at the bottom of the screen. Products are grouped by type:
- Scroll to view all products and their current stock level.
- Products with a variant out of stock show the total stock number in red.
- Products that are fully out of stock display a red 0 and a red dot.
Click the search icon to search for products by:
- Product titles
- Tags and categories
Swipe down on the screen and enter the product name into the Search field at the top of the dashboard. You can search by product titles.
Add a product
You can add a product on the computer or in the Commerce App.
In the Inventory panel, click Add product in the top-right corner. Then select the Store Page where the product will appear on your site. To learn more, visit Adding products to your store.
You can also import products from a .csv file. To learn more, visit Importing and exporting content.
In the Commerce App:
- Tap Inventory.
- Tap Add or + in the top-right corner.
- Tap the product page where the product will display.
To learn more, visit Adding products to your store.
Edit stock levels
Stock automatically decreases with each purchase, after checkout. Products with at least one sold out variant display a red arrow in the Inventory Panel. Click the arrow to view variant stock levels. You can also receive a Stock Level Alert email when an item is running low. To receive push notifications about low inventory, download the Squarespace Commerce App. It's not possible to set stock levels for Subscription products.
To edit stock levels:
- Click the Product, Stock, or Price labels to sort the list by product name, stock levels, or price.
- Click a product to open the product editor. To change the price or stock levels for a variant, click the variant in the product editor.
- Click the Price field to enter a new price.
- Click the Quantity field to enter a new number.
- Hover over Done and click Save.
- In the Inventory tab, tap a product to edit it.
- Tap [#] in Stock.
- Tap the stock count to enter a new number.
- Tap Edit product to save the changes.
Tip: Enable product waitlists to notify interested shoppers when sold out items are back in stock.
Bulk edit products
If you’re on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan, you can bulk-edit products by uploading an updated products .csv file. To learn more, visit Editing products.
Use these tools to update your store manager and shoppers about stock levels:
- Enable limited availability labels to let shoppers know when products are low in stock.
- Enable the low stock alert email, which notifies you automatically when products are running out of stock.
- Let customers buy multiple service products using the Service product limits setting in checkout settings.
- Sync your inventory across platforms by connecting an inventory and products extension. To find more extensions, visit Squarespace Extensions. Extensions fall outside the scope of our support and we can’t guarantee their functionality. For help with these third-party services, contact them directly.