Review a list of payment methods and currencies you can use to pay for your Squarespace subscriptions.
You can pay for your subscription using one of our accepted payment methods listed below.
|Payment methods we accept (credit or debit)
|Payment methods we don't accept
|Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
|Discover (US Dollars only)
|Japan Credit Bureau (JCB)
|Purchase orders (PO)
|SEPA direct debit (Euros only)
To change your payment method on file, visit Updating your billing credit card.
For more troubleshooting tips, visit Why was my card declined at checkout?
Things to consider when choosing a payment method
When paying for your subscription, keep these details in mind:
- We accept Verified by Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard SecureCode, and Maestro cards. However, charges to these cards may fail due to banking regulations. If the charge fails, we suggest you try a different payment method without 3D Secure features.
- If your payment method doesn't have a required type of information (such as an expiration date or security code/CVV), contact the card issuer to ask how to complete the checkout field.
- If you use an American Express card, the pending charge may list Stripe (our payment processor) as the merchant on your statement. After the charge completes, Squarespace should replace Stripe as the merchant.
- You can pay for Squarespace with a prepaid card issued by one of the above companies. You can’t pay past due invoices with a prepaid card.
Before choosing a currency, keep in mind:
- You'll use the same currency for all payments connected to the website.
- It's not possible to change your site's currency after your first payment.
- Your location at the time of your first payment determines which currency you can choose. For example, if you’re located in Ireland when you make your first payment to Squarespace, your default currency is EUR, but you can also choose from GBP and USD.
You can pay for your subscription using one of our accepted currencies listed below:
|A$ AUD (Australian Dollar)
|Mex$ MXN (Mexican Peso)
|R$ BRL (Brazil Real)
|RM MYR (Malaysian Ringgit)
|C$ CAD (Canadian Dollar)
|kr NOK (Norwegian Krone)
|₣ CHF (Swiss Franc)
NZ$ NZD (New Zealand Dollar)
|Col$ COP (Colombian Peso)
|₱ PHP (Philippine Peso)
|kr DKK (Danish Krone)
|zł PLN (Polish Zloty)
|€ EUR (Euro)
|kr SEK (Swedish Krona)
|£ GBP (British Pound Sterling)
|S$ SGD (Singaporean Dollar)
|HK$ HKD (Hong Kong Dollar)
|฿ THB (Thai Baht)
|Rp IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)
|$ USD (US Dollar)
|¥ JPY (Japanese Yen)
|R ZAR (South African Rand)
Note: If you sign up for Acuity on the Squarespace site or the Acuity site, you can pay for Acuity using one of our accepted currencies above. However, if you have a legacy Acuity plan, you can only pay using in USD. To learn more, visit Acuity Scheduling billing.
Before making your first payment, choose your currency at checkout by selecting the drop-down menu next to Select a plan.
Subscription prices don’t change based on exchange rates. However, the amount reflected in your bank account may vary based on exchange rates. Contact your bank to learn more about this exchange rate and other possible exchange fees.
Accepted payment methods and currencies in Commerce
As a Squarespace Commerce merchant, you can accept other payment methods and currencies. To learn more, visit: