Goods & Services Tax, or GST, is a tax on goods and services for residents of Australia and New Zealand. The current GST rate in Australia is 10%. The current GST rate in New Zealand is 15%.
Tip: For help collecting GST using Squarespace Commerce, visit Collecting VAT or GST.
GST and Squarespace pricing
If you live in Australia or New Zealand and don’t certify that you're registered for GST, all payments you make to Squarespace are subject to a GST charge.
This will apply to any paid service we offer, including your:
- Website subscription purchases or renewals
- Domain purchases, renewals, or transfers
- Email Campaigns purchases or renewals
- Google Workspace subscription purchases, renewals, or charges for new users
- Getty Images purchases
Prices listed on our website don’t include GST. You’ll see your total charge and a tax breakdown before checkout and on your invoices.
Am I exempt from GST?
If you're a business registered for GST in Australia or New Zealand, you can apply for an exemption from GST collection.
For help applying for exemption, follow the steps below.
Certify GST registration
If you run a site for a business and are exempt from GST collection, follow these steps. If you're an Australian business, you'll need your Australian Business Number (ABN).
Note: Only follow these steps if you've registered for GST with the Australian Taxation Office or New Zealand Inland Revenue. It's possible to have an ABN without registering for GST. If you enter an ABN but aren't registered, you won't be able to enter your payment information.
For Squarespace sites you already have
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing.
- Click Credit Card.
- Re-enter your credit card information for verification.
- Ensure Australia or New Zealand is selected from the Country drop-down menu.
- If you're an Australian business, enter your ABN.
- Click the checkbox to declare you're registered for GST in Australia or New Zealand.
- Click Save.
- Refresh the page to see your updated GST exemption status.
If you run multiple Squarespace business sites in Australia or New Zealand, repeat these steps for each site individually.
For new Squarespace sites
Complete the GST fields on the checkout page when upgrading to paid service.
Check your Australian Business Number
If our system doesn't recognize your ABN after following the steps above, use the Australian Business Register's validation tool to check if your ABN is valid and formatted correctly.
Note: This only applies to businesses in Australia. New Zealand businesses won't have an ABN.