Many images on your site will crop either horizontally, vertically, or both. This helps your images look their best within your site's layout and in different browser sizes.
This guide will help you understand the normal cropping that happens in Squarespace and learn how to minimize it as much as possible.
Tip: To crop the original image, use the Image Editor or third party software.
Every image on your site is in a container, which is an invisible box that controls how the image displays in relation to other content on the page. When an image is loaded into a container, one of two things happens, depending on the container's settings:
- Most of the time - The image conforms to the container's dimensions, which vary based on browser width. If the image isn't the same shape as the container, the image crops to fill the container completely.
- Sometimes - The container’s shape conforms to the dimensions of the image so the whole image displays.
In most cases, images on your site display within the containers' dimensions, and will experience some cropping. This helps images look their best while adapting to different browser sizes.
Blocos de Imagem
Image Blocks display images at their original height and width ratio, within your site's layout restrictions.
- Crop the image with the cropping handle. To reset the image to its original dimensions, double-click the cropping handle.
- After cropping, use the focal point to center the image.
- If the image is smaller than the Image Block container, check Stretch to fill the container.
- Make the image smaller by adding Spacer Blocks on either side.
Images that are wider than they are tall usually work best. If all your banner images have the same aspect ratio, it'll be easier to anticipate how they'll crop. Set your images up for success with our best practices for responsive design.
There are other ways to control banner cropping on your site, depending which version of Squarespace your site is on.
Banners will always crop to some degree, especially on mobile. The amount of cropping depends on the height of the banner and the width of the browser.
Saiba mais em Adição de imagem no banner.
Banners de página
- Learn how to style your site's banners and set their height.
- Use the focal point to adjust how the image centers.
Banner geral do site
Images added to site-wide banner images (added within Site Styles) can repeat, display at the banner height or width, or fill the container completely.
Imagens de plano de fundo
How you control background image cropping depends on which version of Squarespace your site is on.
Background images can repeat, display at the browser height or width, or fill the browser screen completely.
- Use Site Styles to choose how the banner image displays.
- See our troubleshooting tips for help with mobile display.
- Images that are more than 2500 pixels along their longest edge can cause issues on mobile devices.
- When choosing a full-bleed background image, consider how visitors will access your site.
Seção de galeria e Página de Galeria
Dependendo da versão do Squarespace, o site tem diferentes opções de galeria.
Upload and manage images directly in the gallery section, then use the Gallery tab to control how images display.
Saiba mais em Seção de galeria na versão 7.1.
Blocos de Galeria
- For any format, resize the whole block by adding Spacer Blocks on either side.
- Slideshow - The gallery’s height is set by the widest image. To avoid cropping or blank space around images, use images with similar aspect ratios.
- Grid - In the Design tab, use the aspect ratio to crop all images to the same shape, and change the number of thumbnails per row to change their size. Use the focal point to adjust how each image centers.
- Carousel - Adjust the height with the cropping handle.
- Stacked - Each image expands to fill the width of the page or column the block is in.
Portfolio and Index Pages
A Página de Portfólio e a Página Índice são diferentes tipos de página em diferentes versões do Squarespace, mas funcionam de forma semelhante:
Hover over a Portfolio section to add an image, then use the Gallery tab to control how it displays.
Saiba mais em Página de Portfólio.
Páginas de produtos
How cropping affects product images depends on which version of Squarespace your site is on.
After uploading images to your store sections, use the Product Items tweaks to style them:
- No Menu Inicial, clique em Design.
- Clique em Itens de produto.
Experiment with different style tweaks to set how your product images display.
Saiba mais em Seções da Página de Coleção na versão 7.1.
How your product images crop on the landing page depends on your template's Products Page type.
- In Site Styles, use the Product Image Auto Crop tweak to choose whether the images crop to the same shape, or display at their original shapes.
- If you're cropping, use the Product Item Size tweak to set the shape.
- Use the focal point to adjust where the image centers.
- If you're not cropping, use the Product Overlay Color tweak to choose the color that displays behind the image.
- Para obter mais ajuda, acesse Páginas de Produtos de Estilo.
- The Advanced Products Page always crops images to the same shape. This helps give your page a cohesive look and feel.
- To set the shape for all images on your Products Page, use the Image Aspect Ratio tweak in the Products: Layout section of Site Styles.
- Use the focal point to adjust where the image centers.
Visit these links to learn about the thumbnail styles for either of the unique Products Pages:
Páginas de Entrada
A versão 7.1 não aceita a Página de Entrada.
Cover Pages will always crop to some degree, especially on mobile. The amount of cropping depends on the height of the image, the width of the browser, and the layout you've chosen.