Squarespace 5 launched in 2008. In 2012, we introduced Squarespace 6, a brand new platform designed to make building and managing your site more modern and intuitive. In 2014, all Squarespace 6 sites upgraded to Squarespace 7, the latest version of our platform. In late 2019, Squarespace released an even newer version of the interface called 7.1.
Squarespace 7 and Squarespace 5 are separate platforms, which means many of their features don't overlap. It's no longer possible to create new Squarespace 5 sites. Squarespace 5 users can move to Squarespace 7 at any time.
Squarespace 7.1 is a more streamlined version of Squarespace, with new options for adding and styling content. It's not currently possible to migrate directly to Squarespace 7.1, but you can try version 7.1 by starting a new trial with a 7.1 design.
Before you get started, learn more about Squarespace version 7.1 and learn about the differences between version 7.0 and version 7.1.
Am I using Squarespace 5 or Squarespace 7?
If you can log into your site with your Squarespace account name, you’re using Squarespace 5. (For Squarespace 7, you log in with an email address.)
The Squarespace 5 platform's Website Management bar has editing modes in the top-right:
Should I switch to Squarespace 7?
Squarespace 7 has many features that Squarespace 5 doesn't, such as mobile-friendly design, video backgrounds, SEO optimization, and eCommerce. However, there are some Squarespace 5 features that don't have a direct equivalent in Squarespace 7, such as the Discussion page. For a list of options on each platform, visit Squarespace 5 vs Squarespace 7 on our Squarespace 5 Help Center.
If you don't need to migrate your Squarespace 5 site content, we recommend starting a new trial on Squarespace 7.1 instead. Squarespace 7.1 also has options for eCommerce and mobile-friendly designs, plus a flexible template built on customizable layouts and page sections. To learn more about Squarespace 7.1, visit Squarespace version 7.1.
Move from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7
To move from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7:
- Start a Squarespace 7 trial.
- Import your Squarespace 5 content and enable it.
- Set up, style, and add to your site. You may need to recreate content that didn't import automatically.
- Upgrade your Squarespace 7 site to active billing.
- Move your custom domain.
- Cancel Squarespace 5 billing.
For detailed steps, visit Moving from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7 on our Squarespace 5 Help Center.
Log into Squarespace 5
To log into a Squarespace 5 site:
- Go to https://accountname.squarespace.com/display/Login, replacing “accountname” with your site's account name. Ensure Login is capitalized.
- Use your Squarespace 5 account name and password to log into your site.
For more help, visit Login troubleshooting on our Squarespace 5 Help Center.
About Squarespace 5 linked sites
Billing for a Squarespace 5 account can't be linked to a new Squarespace 7 site anymore.
Some Squarespace sites were linked in the past. To check if your site is linked:
- Log into your Squarespace 7 site.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Haz clic en Facturación y Cuenta.
- Haz clic en Facturación.
- At the top of the Billing panel, you'll see a message that says: "This site is included with your Squarespace 5 membership."
Linked sites have some restrictions. For more help and information, visit Squarespace 7 linked sites on our Squarespace 5 Help Center.